Did I catch a 2013 in the wild?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindell26

Quick backstory:
A bit ironic, but on the 13th day of LEAF ownership the heater went out so this morning I dropped it off at the dealership to have the heater repaired. I'll post another thread on that experience.

The dealership loaned me a Nissan Rogue to drive, and as I was merging on I-24 (about 5 miles from the Nissan plant) I spot a LEAF cruising at about 80mph. I tell the wife, "wow cool a LEAF." I pull in behind it in the light traffic. Then slowly light bulbs begin to go off in my head. I think, huh, cool blacked out wheels. Then, huh, cool flat grey paint. Then I notice the badges are blacked out/covered up. Then I think wait a second, the LEAF doesn't come in that color. Then as it's merging on to 840 I realize it must be a 2013 test vehicle, so I grabbed my phone and snapped a shot. Since the 2013s will be identical on the outside there's nothing really to see, but I figure at least it may prove what has been reported. The US made 2013s are being tested and should start production soon. ;) For a higher resolution, click the link to the photo Flickr.

IMG_0555 on Flickr

-Lindell

It depends, what kind of license plates were they? Non-production vehicles would have manufacturer plates on them, Nissan's would probably be licensed in Tennessee or California.

It appeared to be a TN dealer tag. DL- and some numbers which I think is the standard dealer drive out tags here in TN.

I've already seen a 2013 up close and personal about 3 weeks or so ago. It was QCing next to me. He wouldn't allow any pics, but it was the new Brilliant White metallic with black leather seats. It had a parking foot brake.

LEAFfan said:
I've already seen a 2013 up close and personal about 3 weeks or so ago. It was QCing next to me. He wouldn't allow any pics, but it was the new Brilliant White metallic with black leather seats. It had a parking foot brake.

Any changes to the rear quarter panels? Any noticeable exterior changes at all?

LEAFfan said:
He wouldn't allow any pics, but it was the new Brilliant White metallic with black leather seats. It had a parking foot brake.

Was it out in public? If so I don't think they can legally stop you from taking photos.

jhm614 said:
LEAFfan said:

Any changes to the rear quarter panels? Any noticeable exterior changes at all?

It looked the same.

jhm614 said:
Any noticeable exterior changes at all?

I think the US version may not have Europe/Japan style side turn signals ("repeaters") on the front fenders anymore.

Also, there are probably new wheel options.

Back