Did Nissan forget to 'plug' this connector?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lion

While checking out the engine bay, I noticed that there are 2 orange tubes running towards the area underneath the hood latch (guessing the charging sockets), and the plug that's supposed to be holding it in place doesn't seem to be doing its job. I find it hard to believe that driving would bump this plug out of its socket, so I'm guessing they forgot to do this in the factory?

The OCD in me wants to plug it in, but was hoping for some feedback here about what to do before I do anything stupid.

leafconnector.jpg

Don't touch it! Orange cables are high voltage. If you suspect it is not connected properly then bring it to the dealer to have it checked.

High voltage shocks suck. Do you use the QC? If you don't wait till next time your at the dealer. I'd hate to loose a day with my Leaf if I never use the socket anyways.

From what I can see in the picture, it looks like the part you are looking at is a retainer for the two wires going to the QC that isn't snapped in place. I would just leave it and mention to the dealer. It doesn't look like its going anywhere or posing any problem.

Yep, it just retains the connector assembly, it has nothing to do with the connection itself. With the car off, I'd have no hesitation about popping it back in to the retaining clip.

siai said:
From what I can see in the picture, it looks like the part you are looking at is a retainer for the two wires going to the QC that isn't snapped in place. I would just leave it and mention to the dealer. It doesn't look like its going anywhere or posing any problem.

Welcome to the world of LEAF QC. My car had so many things not connected I lost count, and it was made in Japan:)

If it isn't hurting anything, then I'll leave it alone (as it does look like a retaining clip holding the cables), so the dealer can document this issue in a few months. Now I'm wondering what else they forgot to put together ;)

Thanks for the quick responses, appreciate it!

PS: No QC usage here, since I'm in NY, and Nissan 'forgot' to install some of those stations in my area ;)

lion said:
PS: No QC usage here, since I'm in NY, and Nissan 'forgot' to install some of those stations in my area ;)

Don't feel bad, Nissan is forgetting the whole of Canada for their QC stations.

As a side note, I'll be testing the 1 station in the whole province of QC next month. Just to be sure it works for when I'll have to commute there in winter time.

Nuitari said:
Don't feel bad, Nissan is forgetting the whole of Canada for their QC stations.

As a side note, I'll be testing the 1 station in the whole province of QC next month. Just to be sure it works for when I'll have to commute there in winter time.

Yes, the lack of L3's in Canada is so sad. Even Vermont (est. pop. 660,000) will have four quick chargers up in running soon, versus nothing in Quebec.

I say nothing in Quebec, because reports are that all semi-public access to that quick charge station in Boucherville was cut off a month or so ago.

Back