Ding Drivers Side Rear (thanks to 18 yo son)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always relax when I get the first ding... then the car is broken in... and I can park anywhere. But that does look fixable... I wouldn't claim it on insurance, but the suction idea... or working it from the inside back out looks plausible. Don't go for perfect... just better and you'll save loads in the long run.

Cars are consumables... not investments... Unless you own a truly rare one.

Thanks. It is leased, so I don't want to get "dinged" (pardon the pun) 2x for it. For example, fix it to perfect now and then when I turn it in, they say "I see the rear left was damaged. Paint doesn't exactly match. Deduct $500 for that as above and beyond 'ordinary wear & tear.'"

I've watched our body shop guy repair that kind of damage before. He took the bumper cover off, got a heat gun {not your wife's hair blow dryer} and heated it from the back side and rubbed it out by hand. Use heavy gloves, since you just heated it way beyond what your hands would appreciate.

I'd suggest getting your 18 yo son to do most all of the grunt work while you supervise. It's not nearly as hard as your imagination tells you it is.

Back