Disabling VSP in 2013 by disconnecting the speaker.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ataman

Hi All

I would like to disable the VSP by disconnecting the speaker for it altogether. I am not sure where the speaker is, I know its at the front end, under the hood, o the left side. I am simply looking to disconnect the cable that goes to the speaker. I saw some other threads however MY2013 does not have the button, so the other thread is not useful to me.

Any information in regards to where the speakers is, maybe pictures and how to get to it would be greatly appreciated!

cheers

The module checks for the presence of a speaker and if it is not found it disables the whole module so you lose the inside warnings. When I added a backup disable relay everything was dead until I reset the 12V power.

You would need to replace the speaker with a suitable load resistor. Make sure the battery is disconnected.

It is far easier to cut the wire at the module under the dash than to do it at the speaker. The speaker is in front of the drivers wheel well.

GlennD said:
The module checks for the presence of a speaker and if it is not found it disables the whole module so you lose the inside warnings. When I added a backup disable relay everything was dead until I reset the 12V power.

You would need to replace the speaker with a suitable load resistor. Make sure the battery is disconnected.

It is far easier to cut the wire at the module under the dash than to do it at the speaker. The speaker is in front of the drivers wheel well.

Thanks a lot for the info! Is there a thread that cover reaching to the module under the dash and cutting the cable?

Are there any other methods for 2013 that accomplishes the same task that might be easier?

If you do not care about any warnings you can just unplug the module connector. There is a long thread about disabling the VSP sounds on 2012 cars. Most of it applies to 2013 cars.

I only hate the backup sounds. I think the blind person warnings are a good idea. I put in a relay that opens the speaker when you backup. This works because the module has finished its power up tests so killing the speaker works.

There's a somewhat length thread on the subject (originally for MY2011/2013), but later comments also talk about 2013's...

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3296" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ataman said:
Hi All

I would like to disable the VSP by disconnecting the speaker for it altogether. I am not sure where the speaker is, I know its at the front end, under the hood, o the left side. I am simply looking to disconnect the cable that goes to the speaker. I saw some other threads however MY2013 does not have the button, so the other thread is not useful to me.

Any information in regards to where the speakers is, maybe pictures and how to get to it would be greatly appreciated!

cheers

Does it bother you that much? I only hear it when I pull into the garage as the sound bounces off the walls. You may be liable if a blind pedestrian doesn't hear the car and is hit. The court will rule with the pedestrian when they find the VSP had been disabled.

Back