Do you have L2 EVSE at your workplace?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I have a L2 EVSE at my work in the form of an L6-20 outlet I can plug the upgraded EVSE into. =)

Also, Yes, you can lock the EVSE to the car:
pic

You can use the same lock and a chain to lock the EVSE box to something also:
pic

-Phil

gasmiser1 said:
yea, I'm trying to get them to re-figure their pricing. We own the EVSEs and ChargePoint set the price for us. I see the irony too-free train pass and EV charging not free?

Also, people in charge of facilities here :eek: don't own any EVs.
They may have set the price but they can also reset it to be free

Again this is where a simple Leviton 160 with no brains would seem to fit way better. The company paid a bundle for those chargepoints for features that are about useless for controlled employee only parking.

We have 4 spaces wired for both 120V/240V and have been waiting to the Leviton 160s to appear. (We only have 10 people.) But given the state of things we probably will only have one EV car using them anytime in the near future.

Some simple 240-volt receptacles (sockets) would give LEAFs 75% of of the full L2 charging rate (200% of the L1 charging rate), using one of the Modified Nissan L1 EVSEs.

A bunch of sockets are a lot less expensive than a row of "many" Full-EVSE "charging stations".

Back