Does the CA HOV application require paperwork beyond the app

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdh

Question, does the Ca HOV application require any paperwork beyond the application itself? I seem to recall my Prius required a fastrak and maybe a bill of sale for the car purchase?

Also, a couple of members mentioned they did not need their license plate number as well. A couple of owners mentioned this at today's Silicon Valley meet-up at the Redwood City Library. One member wrote in "new" in the license field. Did they get lucky?

Thank in advance,

It just requires the HOV application unless you are in a location, like some in Northern California, that has special other requirements.

You do not necessarily have to have the license plate number and enter it on the form but the license number must be in the DMV system before they will issue the stickers. Thus, the paperwork has to have been submitted by your dealer first and then processed by DMV so that a license number is internally generated.

mdh said:
Question, does the Ca HOV application require any paperwork beyond the application itself? I seem to recall my Prius required a fastrak and maybe a bill of sale for the car purchase?

Also, a couple of members mentioned they did not need their license plate number as well. A couple of owners mentioned this at today's Silicon Valley meet-up at the Redwood City Library. One member wrote in "new" in the license field. Did they get lucky?

Thank in advance,

mogur said:
It just requires the HOV application unless you are in a location, like some in Northern California, that has special other requirements.

You do not necessarily have to have the license plate number and enter it on the form but the license number must be in the DMV system before they will issue the stickers. Thus, the paperwork has to have been submitted by your dealer first and then processed by DMV so that a license number is internally generated.

mdh said:

Thank in advance,

super!!!!

It appears that they have gotten smarter and now just use the VIN. I got my stickers with no apparent delay even though my plate numbers changed between the time I sent the application in and they processed it.

arnold

As long as it shows a valid license number in the system, they will process it, even if it later changes. A VIN with no assigned license number is not supposed to process.

arnolddeleon said:
It appears that they have gotten smarter and now just use the VIN. I got my stickers with no apparent delay even though my plate numbers changed between the time I sent the application in and they processed it.

arnold

mogur said:
As long as it shows a valid license number in the system, they will process it, even if it later changes. A VIN with no assigned license number is not supposed to process.
Right, that's my understanding as well. I followed the collective advice in the old thread, waited two weeks and sent my application + check to DMV. I didn't have to get FasTrak and I'm not aware of any other requirements.

Back