Door controls illumination

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knightarmor

My wife complained a couple of days ago about the lock/unlock switch on the door not being illuminated. Is this switch truly not illuminated or do I have some bulbs out? On my Frontier the "lock" side of the switch is illuminated which gives you a sense of where the switch is, tough to find it in the Leaf in the dark.

Also do the SL's have the auto up driver window feature? I just wonder why it toggles for the auto down feature, I also feel the toggle for up but there is no auto up?

That was one of my biggest headaches early on in my 2011. I finally got used to it and my fingers have memorized where the button is. I think everyone complained about it, as well as the short driver-side visor. Apparently, they fixed the visor, but not the illumination buttons. Maybe we need a little phosphorescent paint.

The mirror adjustment knob is lit so I just learned that the door unlock button was the next row down, right side button. I use it a lot when collecting the mail or dropping off my carpool partner and don't find it a big deal.

knightarmor said:
...do the SL's have the auto up driver window feature? I just wonder why it toggles for the auto down feature, I also feel the toggle for up but there is no auto up?
Pull up on the driver's window switch to close it and hold it for about 5 seconds. It will reset the auto-up feature.

Thanks Kovalb,

Reset the auto up feature this morning while waiting in line to grab a coffee at the drive thru, most awesome!!

Surprising how such a small thing like that can be so annoying, and that they couldn't get that right. You go to unlock the passenger door from the driver's seat at night and can't find the button! Equally surprising is how those extra 2-3 seconds while you're trying to find the button is enough time for your wife to get agitated as she is left standing outside.

I decided to take apart the drivers side switches and see what is up with the button illumination.

The good news:

The circuitry and the lock button supports being illuminated.

The bad news:

Like just about all modern button illumination it uses a surfaced mounted LED. Normally that's not that big of a deal but the LED that fits the circuit board are so small that they are almost invisible. I think it measures .5mm x 1mm

Damn!!! That's crazy, My auto-up hasn't worked for weeks and the other day it started to work again. I guess I pulled up on the switch.

kovalb said:
knightarmor said:
...do the SL's have the auto up driver window feature? I just wonder why it toggles for the auto down feature, I also feel the toggle for up but there is no auto up?
Pull up on the driver's window switch to close it and hold it for about 5 seconds. It will reset the auto-up feature.

Does it work for the others, I would love to make an Auto-Close feature for all the windows. Any Electronic Gurus out there wanna make that mod?

Lasareath said:
Damn!!! That's crazy, My auto-up hasn't worked for weeks and the other day it started to work again. I guess I pulled up on the switch.

kovalb said:
knightarmor said:

Does it work for the others, I would love to make an Auto-Close feature for all the windows. Any Electronic Gurus out there wanna make that mod?
It's actually simple: you just need a window switch from another Nissan/Infiniti that has auto up and down for all the windows, the motors with the current sensors for the other three windows, and the two extra wires that run from the current sensor back to the master switch.

Back