Door panel removal

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knightarmor

I searched and only found a thread with pictures that no longer work, anyone got a how-to on door panel removal?

Here you go. But note that this is from the very first iteration of the service manual. I have not bothered updating it, since I have an early car. If your car is a 2013, things may have changed some. Downloading the current versions of manual sections is well worth the $20 fee for a day's access to the site.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3SYHt_rpvYyd2s2Y3FiRnJobUU/edit?usp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The plastic piece around the door /window controls pops out and is held in by clips. It would be wise to buy the special plastic tools for removal from Amazon for a few bucks so you don't mess up the parts.

Once you get that piece off there is 1 or 2 screws under it that hold the door. The rest are clips around the perimeter that can be popped off....

Thanks guys, just started my tint project and wanted to go in with some kind of info. Blacked out the little corner windows and did the strip at the top of the windshield this weekend.

WP_001316.jpg

Still waiting for the tint I ordered to show up for the rest of the glass.

Yup, I have removed the rear door panels, two bolts accessible from door panel side, one at the door handle latch and one at the actual door "handle" to close the door. I also removed the three phillips screws attaching the door handle latch to the panel.

Was pretty easy. Easiest door panel I ever removed;

1. Pop off power window control panel by inserting flat head screwdriver in the groove by the cavity that you hold when pulling the door shut.
2. Remove plastic panel behind handle that you use to open door by inserting flat head screwdriver in little slot in lower left (Driver's Side)
3. Remove two Nuts with 10mm ratchet
4. Insert fingers behind panel at lower edge of door and yank it off.
5. Hold panel away from door and push upwards.
6. Remove interior door handle by unscrewing 3 Philips head screws.

I have pics show here: http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/html/24.%20Time%20to%20remove%20the%20door%20panels,%20If%20you%20pull%20back%20on%20the%20door%20handle%20like%20you%20are%20opening%20your%20door%20you'll%20see%20a%20little%20square%20hole%20at%20bottom%20toward%20the%20front%20of%20the%20Leaf.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightarmor said:
Thanks guys, just started my tint project and wanted to go in with some kind of info. Blacked out the little corner windows and did the strip at the top of the windshield this weekend.

WP_001316.jpg

Still waiting for the tint I ordered to show up for the rest of the glass.
You are brave...

If it wasn't for those 1/4 windows I would have hit so many pedestrians by now!

mwalsh said:
Here you go. But note that this is from the very first iteration of the service manual. I have not bothered updating it, since I have an early car. If your car is a 2013, things may have changed some. Downloading the current versions of manual sections is well worth the $20 fee for a day's access to the site.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3SYHt_rpvYyd2s2Y3FiRnJobUU/edit?usp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Awesome thanks for the link...back from the dead thread

Back