DTC codes 2021 Leaf 40kw

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ka1rdr

Leaf Spy gives me the attached DTC dump. I can clear the errors by disconnecting the 12v battery but the B errors in Motor control
reappear in a minute or 2. Are the B errors valid? What about the U error? Are these due to electrical noise? Are these errors sins of a serious problem?
The car seems to run except for very random AEB error lights that happened when I first bought the car in September 2023.

Attachments

• IMG_2056.png
    IMG_2056.png
    248.8 KB · Views: 1
It look like a communication error. (I know, that doesn't tell you much) The manuals at the NICO site don't go as new as 2021, so rather than steer you wrong, and the fact they come back, would suggest taking it either to the dealer or an indy shop that specializes in EV's.
AEB is auto emergency braking, something that is not on the older cars. Given those two things, I would look to comm errors in that system.
Looks like dealer time, unless you get very lucky.
found this:
https://lemonlawexperts.com/nissan-faulty-braking-system/

Leaf Spy gives me the attached DTC dump. I can clear the errors by disconnecting the 12v battery but the B errors in Motor control
reappear in a minute or 2. Are the B errors valid? What about the U error? Are these due to electrical noise? Are these errors sins of a serious problem?
The car seems to run except for very random AEB error lights that happened when I first bought the car in September 2023.
This is often (but not always) a product of LeafSpy running on older versions or it can be caused by the ODBII connector sometimes. I posted the same topic years ago and I had a friend who had a Consult 3 device connect to my Leaf and determined it was nothing. They cleared the codes, I did a power cycle and everything was fine. I then connected my Phone with LeafSpy and they came back immediately. This was with an older version of LeafSpy, so with my latest version I don't see it happen anymore.

I previously posted on this forum that my used 2021 leaf, purchased September 2023 had 2 OBD connectors. 1 is mounted on the dashboard bottom, the other was floating free near the mounted connector. The 2 connectors WERE connected to a wire harness. Anytime that I mentioned this to anyone, I think they thought I was crazy.

When I had a cracked windshield replaced, the service person was having problems connecting to the OBD connector, I showed her the floating connector and she was able to get proper readings. I used that connector with LeafSpy for a few months but was always bothered by weird DTC codes.

I finally decided to get under the dashboard. There was a wire harness connected to the working ODB that I removed. I guess it was to allow something to to be installed on the ODB. I included a pic. Does anyone know what this is and what it is used for? I previously posted questions about DTC codes. The downloaded codes look much better. I didn't disconnect the battery for a "FULL" DTC clear but there are less junk codes.

Anyone have any ideas what was going on?

Attachments

• obd-harnes.jpg
    obd-harnes.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • dtc1.PNG
    dtc1.PNG
    247.5 KB · Views: 0
  • dtc2.PNG
    dtc2.PNG
    179.5 KB · Views: 0
Hi all. My daughter amassed a new to her 2020 Leaf forty on Thursday and over the weekend has began throwing up the following errors, in the beginning I concept it'd simply be a low 12v however have checked it and it's high-quality. I've examine some threads about a recollect within the summer time of 2020 for the front radars to get replaced but cannot find the TSB anywhere, has everyone here had any enjoy of those errors and what resolved them ?... Thanks.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

Last edited:
I finally decided to get under the dashboard. There was a wire harness connected to the working ODB that I removed. I guess it was to allow something to to be installed on the ODB. I included a pic. Does anyone know what this is and what it is used for?
You mentioned you bought used, so it seems as though the previous owner added some sort of "dual connection" to the ODB port so he could run 2 ODB devices/monitors/whatever at the same time. The fact that it's removal has helped with the error codes tends to support the "timing issue" theory (not to get too technical, additional end-points on a communication bus can create impedance mis-match and timing errors).

disconnecting the 12v battery but the B errors in Motor control
Yes you have sins... :ROFLMAO:

But the B-codes are Body error codes, not related to the Motor. In your case it is the Multimedia AudioVideo display console. The U codes are related to the CAN Buss communication network and these can be serious depending upon the affected system.

What is your 12V battery system voltage read with the key OFF, and with it in the ACC and in the ON positions?

Back