ECOtality Level 2 charger : Blink

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..............................Start.........Stop
....Actual time____7:44 AM___7:52 AM
.....Blink Time____6:04 AM___6:52 AM
Blink Network___10:10 AM__10:52 AM

PST vs PDT vs EDT (location of Blink Servers is on East Coast) and the log on the Web UI is in UTC. It made it difficult to line up the log sheet that customer service was sending with my record of events.

IBELEAF said:
Ok, looks like that's obviously not working for me. i see that IP address is listed, but my page is timing out...
Yes - same problem as mine.

I had an Airlink draft N router - switched to an old Linksys G router.

Is your b/g enabled ?

BTW, this thread has become too large. I'm thinking of locking this thread and starting new threads to track different issues. Comments ?

Randy said:
So there is a definite difference between the in-person screens and the intranet-presented Blink screens.....One didn't know about the other, for some reason...
I think this might be a browser cache problem - you're seeing an "old" screen. Try refreshing the browser screen and/or deleting the browser cache..

Also, I think in my setup, the Blink thinks it is CHARGING when in fact it is just CONNECTED after the LEAF has terminated a charge.

evnow said:
IBELEAF said:
Ok, looks like that's obviously not working for me. i see that IP address is listed, but my page is timing out...
Yes - same problem as mine.

I had an Airlink draft N router - switched to an old Linksys G router.

Is your b/g enabled ?

BTW, this thread has become too large. I'm thinking of locking this thread and starting new threads to track different issues. Comments ?

I like! As a new Blink user, I've been trying to figure out what configuration actually works, and wading through this thread is exhausting.

After an hour of troubleshooting and trying every possible combination, that includes: No encryption, WEP, WPA & WPA2 I gave up and just hooked up network cable. Connected no problem, I am now trying to see if I need to update firmware, but it's nowhere to be found on BLINK website. Is 1.0_L2R_C the latest one?

Just talked to BLINK support again and they said they have a newer one, but can't send it to me right now. Does anyone happen to have latest firmware file?

Start the more-specific Blink threads, maybe make a whole new sub-category under EVSE for Blink?
Perhaps do not lock this one, at least until those others are being used and the additions to this one fall off?
But, YES, well-titled, more specific threads are always a good way to go, LONG before 60 pages of posts.

Someone had some blink, post-install tips for startup/getting connected that I remember reading recently but I can't find them now... anyone remember where they are? I've searched for 15 mins unsuccessfully...

I've created a new sub-forum for Blink. Feel free to start new theads here on topics related to Blink, including issues with your EVSE.

Found this on youtube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK5o4ajvWMg

Sounds like someone is making progress.

syntaxerror said:
..Sounds like someone is making progress.
BTW a similar backlight on my home's alarm system touchpads draws about 1 watt when on - not stressing too much about it, less than 0.5% of my home's "quiescent" draw. There are probably bigger fish I should be frying.

DeaneG said:
BTW a similar backlight on my home's alarm system touchpads draws about 1 watt when on - not stressing too much about it, less than 0.5% of my home's "quiescent" draw. There are probably bigger fish I should be frying.
For me its not so much the power that the display consumes but the longevity of the display when powered 24/7 at full brightness. I certainly hope Blink will add display and overall device sleep options soon for longevity of the product.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, I couldn't find it with a search...

For those of you who've already had your Blink EVSE installed, did they install the hardwired model (WE-30C) or the plug-in model (WE-30K)? And if it's the latter, did they install the NEMA 6-50R in a box below the unit? What length is the cord? I ask because I have a board blocking the "typical installation" spot for the receptacle box. I'm wondering if there's enough cord length to move it down or up a foot or two, or at least move it to the right enough to attach the box to the right-side stud rather than the left-side one.

Thanks in advance for replies...

ahagge said:
Sorry if this has been mentioned, I couldn't find it with a search...

For those of you who've already had your Blink EVSE installed, did they install the hardwired model (WE-30C) or the plug-in model (WE-30K)? And if it's the latter, did they install the NEMA 6-50R in a box below the unit? What length is the cord? I ask because I have a board blocking the "typical installation" spot for the receptacle box. I'm wondering if there's enough cord length to move it down or up a foot or two, or at least move it to the right enough to attach the box to the right-side stud rather than the left-side one.

Thanks in advance for replies...

Box to the left side (plug-in) The cord that comes out of the bottom of the unit (on the left side of the bottom) is capable of reaching a plug who's circular prong is 7" from the left-leading edge of the EVSE unit...but that's stretching it.

ahagge said:
For those of you who've already had your Blink EVSE installed, did they install the hardwired model (WE-30C) or the plug-in model (WE-30K)?
As silly as this sounds, the answer is yes, but that's because they only ship one type of model and it has a cord on it (WE-30CIRE), however depending on the installation, the cord is removed for a permanent installation (see my install pics at http://www.flickr.com/photos/darkstarpdx/sets/72157626328012010/).

The length of the cord is 1 foot and comes out from the bottom-left of the unit.

Back