Ecotality to possibly file for bankruptcy soon ..

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1313

The money has dried up and so has any possible financing .. The DOE will no longer loan money to ECTY ...
Ecotality is having a major problem with melting receptor heads with the L3 public chargers, damaging both the chargers and the cars connectors and also having a problem with thefts of the cables for copper ...

Its going to be interesting to see will take over the company and maintain all the chargers ...

I've heard of some L2 problems but no L3 problems... Thefts is a problem that everyone is going to have.

mark1313 said:
Ecotality is having a major problem with melting receptor heads with the L3 public chargers, damaging both the chargers and the cars connectors and also having a problem with thefts of the cables for copper ...

TomT said:
I've heard of some L2 problems but no L3 problems...

Agreed. The L2 handle that Blink uses is made by Rema. The L3s use the same cable that almost all CHAdeMO stations use at the moment, made by Yazaki.

Well....I've used the Blink L2 EVSE in my garage for over two years with no overheating problems. In fact, it is barely warm @ the connector after 4-5hrs of charging.

derkraut said:
Well....I've used the Blink L2 EVSE in my garage for over two years with no overheating problems. In fact, it is barely warm @ the connector after 4-5hrs of charging.

Because you have a 2011 LEAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back