Edit: How to search before posting a new topic in 109 heat

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TNleaf said:
Look maybe 1 inch above the default search area and find;

"Annoyed with the standard search on this forum? Use Google powered My Nissan Leaf search:"

Amazing to say the least.

beat me to it. i dont even do that much, i do all searches for all forums i use directly from the google home page (convenient since its my default)

hill said:
Skywagon said:
If you would have looked/searched you would see that some of us AZ LEAF owners have already started a thread regarding driving in the heat . . . . . . . snip
Oh, that's kind of funny . . . as it presumes the search tool doesn't suck major butt ... which it does ... and as it does on MOST boards.
:D

You can have your 'Google powered search' for any site: let's say you're searching for 'battery' - go to google.com and type "site:www.mynissanleaf.com battery" (without the quotes).

If you use Chrome you can just type the above search directly in the address bar.

I was quite happy driving around on 109deg heat. I had to work on the garbage truck in scottsdale for a bit and left the A/C running. It was nice not having an ICE making all sorts of heat while keeping the car cool.

I'm also amazed at how little power the A/C uses. I've gone down to 76 when it was really hot out, but usually it's closer to 80.

The on thing I haven't done yet is leave it out in the sun to see how fast it cools down. I've been able to park in the shop lately, but I'll be picking up another truck for hybrid conversion on tuesday which will force me out.. :(

I must be a wuss or my AC isn't as cold as your guys - I feel like I need to put the AC around 70 to feel comfortable in auto mode (driving in ECO).

It does seem to draw a piddly amount of power when doing so only seen it draw 300-1000 watts at most. How much power is the hvac drawing for you guys where it's actually hot?

In comparison - Prius is usually set to 74-75 in auto mode - when in auto mode I feel like it could generally be running high fan speeds - and I usually run it in circ mode which means taking it out of auto - really prefer how the Prius will stay in auto mode regardless of the recirc/fresh air setting.

I can't quite figure out 'Auto' mode yet because sometimes, Auto stays on when in recirc, and sometimes it goes off in recirc. I have no idea why yet. I definitely think it is better to keep it in recirc for A/C.

turbo2ltr said:
The one thing I haven't done yet is leave it out in the sun to see how fast it cools down.

You may have missed my posts about that on another thread. I've let the LEAF sit in the hot sun (over 100 degrees) for hours, no sunshades, no extra tinting, and the windows open several inches. I'm absolutely amazed at how fast it puts out cool air...instantly! I've never experienced any thing like it! Also, when we have gotten in the car, it isn't that hot. I had a white GX with dark interior and it was HOT inside. I have a feeling that the light interior and car color reflects the heat with my LEAF.

LEAFfan said:
I can't quite figure out 'Auto' mode yet because sometimes, Auto stays on when in recirc, and sometimes it goes off in recirc. I have no idea why yet. I definitely think it is better to keep it in recirc for A/C.

I've noticed this too. Thinking maybe based on outside air temp?

turbo2ltr said:
LEAFfan said:
I've noticed this too. Thinking maybe based on outside air temp?
I'd bet there's a humidity sensor in there somewhere that also tweaks the decision whether to go into recirc/fresh...

Getting back to AC..I was amazed in how fast the car cooled down with AC temp. set at 79..I was getting to coolllll... I now have it set at 81 and feel fine...

I noticed some of you see very little change in loss of battery charge usage from the AC :shock: Maybe Im seeing a big change because im going from hypermiler to AC user..As soon as i turn the AC on I see a loss of 20 miles... That still gives me 110 miles per charge :)

Herm said:
myleaf said:
Does anyone know why the battery temperature gauge levels are dependent on both temperature and battery degradation? It is not obvious to me why this is done.

Its obvious the battery becomes more sensitive to heat as it ages, thats why the bars self adjust.. except the bars above 8.. those just have a hardcoded temp. Those are probably the ones where you pull off the hwy and park the car if you ever see them light up. In terms of a conventional car, 8 would be in the orange zone of a temp indicator.. 9 would be in the red.

Based on the table, it seems that the battery becomes more tolerant of heat with increased degradation ??

Back