EV Focus Grp in So Calif - STUDY OVER - The Aftermath...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boomer23 said:
mwalsh said:
Boomer23 said:
Okay, now I'm completely confused. The car that my group was focused on two days ago wasn't that one, yet I was bumped "by the client" because I was already interviewed. Very strange.

You mean your car wasn't small and Italian?

Nope, it was larger, roller imported from China, electrics installed on our west coast, costs more than a Volt, has 150% of the battery capacity of LEAF and has the same number of letters as the car you saw today.

Yea, you'd lose your security clearance too :)

xtremeflyer said:
Boomer23 said:
mwalsh said:
You mean your car wasn't small and Italian?

Nope, it was larger, roller imported from China, electrics installed on our west coast, costs more than a Volt, has 150% of the battery capacity of LEAF and has the same number of letters as the car you saw today.

Yea, you'd lose your security clearance too :)

Yep, but they didn't even mention a NDA for my group. I was just being courteous, for a while at least. I have some definite opinions about the car that I saw. ;)

mwalsh said:
xtremeflyer said:
Haha.. you wouldn't do well with a security clearance. In our world, giving that kind of info is the same thing as giving the secret itself :)

Wouldn't want one. Most of it is a bunch of bulls*it from people who think they are more important than they really are.

Some yes.. But not most..

If you are going today, plan on spending more than 2 1/2 hours if you have someone in the group that thinks this is the coolest thing and takes his time, it was almost an hour between the time I finished the survey and the time he finished. I thought the discussion portion was interesting, was in a group with JPVLeaf. It was great to meet.

Anyone else going today at 11:45 from here? So guess what? I have a 48-mile drive out to Tustin today and I currently have 52 miles showing on my car because I forgot to plug in last night!! uggg

xtremeflyer said:
If you are going today, plan on spending more than 2 1/2 hours if you have someone in the group that thinks this is the coolest thing and takes his time, it was almost an hour between the time I finished the survey and the time he finished.
Yes. Some comments are Relevant to the discussion, some are not .... :)

Overall, the experience was fascinating and I enjoyed participating very much.
Thank you, Boomer, for the heads-up! And, it was nice meeting you, xtreme.

The only downside was when 2-1/2 hr turned into 3+ hrs, especially on a Saturday evening. However, I think this was mostly due to the fact that the expected one-on-one interview ended up being a group-dependent group-interview. In hindsight, I can see the relevance of most of the pre-screening questions. ;)

malloryk said:
Anyone else going today at 11:45 from here? So guess what? I have a 48-mile drive out to Tustin today and I currently have 52 miles showing on my car because I forgot to plug in last night!! uggg

Mallory, I just saw this. If you still need help with charging, I'm in Irvine and I can help by offering L2 charging at my house while you're in the focus group and a ride back and forth in a Prius. PM me if you need my help. You might also try mwalsh, since he lives between you and Tustin.

Good luck.

Boomer23 said:
malloryk said:

Mallory, I just saw this. If you still need help with charging, I'm in Irvine and I can help by offering L2 charging at my house while you're in the focus group and a ride back and forth in a Prius. PM me if you need my help. You might also try mwalsh, since he lives between you and Tustin.

Good luck.

I just saw this too. Call me if you need help Mallory....I just left a message with my phone number on your mobile phone voice mail.

whew, what a day! Got home with a bar remaining thanks to the help of Boomer23! Gosh I don't know what I'd do without you guys! Thanks also to mwalsh for offering assistance today. The focus group was pretty interesting today, took about 2 hours 45 min. There were one-on-one portions for most of it and then a short group discussion. I guess that's all I can really say about it due to the NDA. But the future of EVs looks promising!

If you are going today, plan on spending more than 2 1/2 hours if you have someone in the group that thinks this is the coolest thing and takes his time, it was almost an hour between the time I finished the survey and the time he finished

So it wasn't only my group that had someone who could not figure out that they did not need a discussion group on every point of the car. I had to wait 15+ minutes for the guy in front of me to finish each section. :x
Putting us late and rushed in the discussion group

malloryk said:
whew, what a day! Got home with a bar remaining thanks to the help of Boomer23! Gosh I don't know what I'd do without you guys! Thanks also to mwalsh for offering assistance today. The focus group was pretty interesting today, took about 2 hours 45 min. There were one-on-one portions for most of it and then a short group discussion. I guess that's all I can really say about it due to the NDA. But the future of EVs looks promising!

My pleasure, Mallory, one of the perks of being a member of our LEAF Branch!

It turned out that I wasn't doing much in the afternoon except helping to babysit, though I had planned to be busy with a certain study... :evil: :evil: Oh well, not bitter, much.

Glad you had an easy ride home. It took about 9 bars going back, huh?

mwalsh said:
Boomer23 said:

I think Mallory has a bit of a lead foot. :D I say this after trying to keep up with her and Kat upon joining the freeway from Cerritos Nissan.

Well, she said that it took her 7 bars to get here, but 9 bars to get home, so I think she was enjoying the ride and groovin on her tunes.

Boomer23 said:
mwalsh said:
Boomer23 said:

I think Mallory has a bit of a lead foot. :D I say this after trying to keep up with her and Kat upon joining the freeway from Cerritos Nissan.

Well, she said that it took her 7 bars to get here, but 9 bars to get home, so I think she was enjoying the ride and groovin on her tunes.

LOL I swear, I have curtailed my lead-foot days since those initial weeks with the Leaf! I kept it under 65 on the way back and didn't put AC on until I got to around Carson, which is roughly 10 miles from my place. It feels like there's a slight incline going north too. Don't know if that's true but that's how it feels.

Boomer, I lost the first bar pretty quickly after leaving your place so I guess I didn't get too much into that one. And then actually got back to my place with 2 bars remaining but drove an extra half mile to stop at a sandwich shop. Had 2 bars when I parked, and only got one back when I started the car back up to drive home. Either way, it was enough to get me home and that's all that matters!

mwalsh said:
Boomer23 said:

I think I had the Leaf only a week at that time and I was still learning how to tame the wild stallion that is the Leaf! :lol:

malloryk said:
Boomer, I lost the first bar pretty quickly after leaving your place so I guess I didn't get too much into that one. And then actually got back to my place with 2 bars remaining but drove an extra half mile to stop at a sandwich shop. Had 2 bars when I parked, and only got one back when I started the car back up to drive home. Either way, it was enough to get me home and that's all that matters!

Makes sense, Mallory. I remember many times turning the car back on and having lost a bar for no apparent reason.

Glad you made it with power to spare and that you could get a sandwich after subsisting on Oreos and mini chocolate bars for 3 hours at AutoPacific. :)

Not only did we complete our focus group quickly, we got out on time. Because we were all LEAF owners may have had something to do with it ;) One lady was lettico's wife, and the other was a MNL lurker -a "forgotten" Sept/Oct orderer who just got her LEAF (ordered SL but happily settled for an SV). On the way down there I ran into my first LEAF in "the wild". We were trying to have a compressed conversation on Irvine Blvd and some faster drivers weren't too appreciative :lol:

Thanks go to Boomer for the heads-up.

z0ner said:
Not only did we complete our focus group quickly, we got out on time. Because we were all LEAF owners may have had something to do with it ;) One lady was lettico's wife, and the other was a MNL lurker -a "forgotten" Sept/Oct orderer who just got her LEAF (ordered SL but happily settled for an SV). On the way down there I ran into my first LEAF in "the wild". We were trying to have a compressed conversation on Irvine Blvd and some faster drivers weren't too appreciative :lol:

Thanks go to Boomer for the heads-up.

You're welcome, z0ner, glad you enjoyed it. I think I saw your blue LEAF in the parking lot when I picked Mallory up after her 11:45 session. Yours has a nice tint job, right? I also saw that the red LEAF in the lot had some great, colorful artwork on the paper license plate and plate holder, done by the owner's kids (I certainly hope it was his/her kids, anyway :lol: ). Very cute.

Back