Famous Leaf owners

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surfingslovak

We keep hearing about notable Leaf owners on occasion, but it's difficult to keep track of who is driving this car and what they said about it. I thought that it might be neat to start a thread on that. If you have heard of a notable Leaf owner, please see if there was a video and post it. Such testimonials could be fun to watch.

So without further ado, here is George Shultz, Secretary of State Emeritus and a Leaf owner:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR39TfpyAgY[/youtube]

Very nice!

Though I think George might go through a few charge port covers over the life of the car. :lol:

Thanks for the link. I wonder if he's the oldest Leaf owner at 91 yrs. old. I love how he just plainly states why this is personal for him. Being a parent, I can relate with this sentiment:

"What you do today is gonna have a big impact on the future. I have three, soon to be four, great grandchildren. So, I'm thinking ... I've gotta do what I can to see that they have a decent world. And if we let this go on and on the way it's going right now, they're not gonna have one."

Yes, he certainly has my wife and I beat - our average age is only 78. But, like him, the ever-increasing probability of a bleak future for our two great-grandchildren weighs heavily in my attitudes about global warming.

Mr. Schultz (Dr. Schultz, actually) has always impressed me as a very intelligent and thoughtful man. I would give him much of the credit for President Reagan's accomplishments in international affairs.

Ray

Thanks for posting that. Politics aside, I thnk George Schultz was one of our greatest statesmen. When I grow up, I'd like to be just like him. But, since I'm already 81, I guess it isn't going to happen. ;)

Although I don't have a tiger tattoo, I at least have the same color LEAF.

Was that the famous clip when Takei was asked about a** sex?.. it was pretty funny.

George Shultz is entitled to his opinion, but I think he would benefit from one of those wireless charging mats.

Republican Senator Lamar Alexander, from Tennessee leases a Leaf. I know I once saw a video of Jay Leno driving one so I assume he owns one too (as he does almost every car of interest) - or at least did at one point.
lamar-leaf.jpg

Lance Armstrong drives a black one. At least he used to when he was still someone a company wanted as a spokesperson.

Penn Gillette of Penn & Teller:

penn-leaf-vehicle.jpg

Many Americans may not recognize him unless they are fans of the show "Red Dwarf" or the former "Junkyard Wars" on TLC, but British actor Robert Llewellyn is a HUGE EV fan and not surprisingly drives a Leaf.

He's also owned an iMiEV and a Prius (in which he conducts interviews of celebrities on his show "CarPool" which is sponsored by Toyota UK).

In the style of CarPool, here's Llewellyn interviewing Carlos Ghosn while giving him a ride in a Leaf:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwt1XZV-gVE[/youtube]

RonDawg said:
Many Americans may not recognize him unless they are fans of the show "Red Dwarf" or the former "Junkyard Wars" on TLC, but British actor Robert Llewellyn is a HUGE EV fan and not surprisingly drives a Leaf.

He's also owned an iMiEV and a Prius (in which he conducts interviews of celebrities on his show "CarPool" which is sponsored by Toyota UK).

In the style of CarPool, here's Llewellyn interviewing Carlos Ghosn while giving him a ride to the airport in a Leaf:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwt1XZV-gVE[/youtube]

I was a big fan of the UK's original version of Junkyard Wars from back in the days. Also really liked Llewellyn's Fully Charged work.

Drivesolo said:
Alyssa Milano owns a Leaf.
I kept seeing that picture when I searched Nissan Leaf celebrities, but I didn't know who she was. I looked her up on imdb.com and still don't think I've ever seen her in anything. But then I could sit at a table with the 10 most famous actresses and actors and pop singers under the age of 40 and wouldn't recognize one of them. I could instantly recognize and name any of the Supreme Court justices though!

Rat said:
Drivesolo said:
I kept seeing that picture when I searched Nissan Leaf celebrities, but I didn't know who she was. I looked her up on imdb.com and still don't think I've ever seen her in anything. But then I could sit at a table with the 10 most famous actresses and actors and pop singers under the age of 40 and wouldn't recognize one of them. I could instantly recognize and name any of the Supreme Court justices though!

If you sat at a table of the the most popular actresses and pop singers under 40, I'm sorry to say that she wouldn't be among them. Not that she wouldn't be worthy, it's just that she's over 40.

Rat said:
Drivesolo said:

Don't feel bad. I'm sure there are many who would recognize Alyssa Milano before they'd recognize George Schultz.

TomT said:
His was recalled because of battery doping...

Rat said:
Lance Armstrong drives a black one. At least he used to when he was still someone a company wanted as a spokesperson.
Yes, he reportedly put banned chemicals into the electrolyte.

TomT said:
Here is the actual link: http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/david-letterman-i-like-kettlecorn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for doing that! I apparently committed a copy & paste error.

Rat said:
Drivesolo said:
I was quite surprised to see that Alyssa drove a LEAF. Just goes to show that the desire to drive an EV is pretty wide-spread. I'm even more surprised that I have not sustained permanent brain damage from watching all those sitcoms. Oh wait. Never mind...

Since we're talking about famous people who have a Leaf, perhaps I should mention one who you'd think would have one, but doesn't, and doesn't seem to intend to ever do so: Ed Begley Jr. If you're ever seen his show "Living with Ed" you'll see the name "enviro-nut" fits. He's driven all sorts of EV's, but mostly low production and/or experimental models.

Whose EV has he chosen to endorse? Ford. That's right, Hollywood's biggest enviro-nut is endorsing the EVs of the very same company that as late as MY 2005 brought us the Ford Excursion. http://jalopnik.com/5729600/ed-begley-jr-slams-leaf-volt-but-loves-ford" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back