Few 2013 Nissan Leaf S questions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkendt1989

I just got my Nissan Leaf S 2013 and had a few quick questions:

1. Where do you turn on the heated mirrors at? It says it has them, but I cannot find the switch.

2. On the center dash it was 3 lights, 1 being the pedestrian noise, air bag lights and I think 1 more. Is there a way to turn that sound off or pick if the air bag is on or off? It kinda confuses me.

Anyone that can answer these I'd appreciate it!

the dealer told me the heated mirrors were automatic when I asked him. I am assuming they come on when the rear defogger comes on.

johnrhansen said:
the dealer told me the heated mirrors were automatic when I asked him. I am assuming they come on when the rear defogger comes on.

So when I put the rear defrosters on it'll just have them pop on? That's kinda weird but makes sense at the same time. Won't really be using one without the other.

That's how it works in my Subaru, for both the heated mirrors and the windshield wiper defroster. I'm guessing it's the same in the '13 LEAF.

Congrats on your new LEAF!

jkendt1989 said:
2. On the center dash it was 3 lights, 1 being the pedestrian noise, air bag lights and I think 1 more. Is there a way to turn that sound off or pick if the air bag is on or off?
I believe that only the 2011 model had a way to turn off the pedestrian warning sound. On the air bag light, that is on if the supplemental passenger bag is not operational. There is a computer which makes that decision based on what it senses about passenger weight and seat belt tensions. I think the goal is to have it non-operational if there is a young child in the seat.

Ray

Back