Finally Bit the Bullet, So to Speak

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrodog

I was tracking prices on traderonline.com and a bunch of new ones hit that day. There were about 3-5 that fell in the following range:

Leaf S
<500 miles (one less that 100)
$12,000
2015 model year
In service date: 2/16
Certified Pre-owned
Mossy Nissan, Houston

That’s about 42 miles from my house. I called them to make sure it was on the up-and-up. The sales guy assured me it was. So I got in the ICE car and headed that way. The cars are perfect. Not owned by an actual individual. I bought a silver one with 76-78 miles on it. I think it had 76 before my test drive. Bought it on Friday, picked it up on Saturday, drove it to work today. Very nice car.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

$13,073

Sales tax $750
Dealers inventory tax $27
Inspection fee $40
Title fee $102
Documentary fee $155

A couple of them are sort of BS but I was in a giving mood. I'm pretty sure the inspection fee included emissions testing. :shock:

Wow, here is 2015 S with Quickcharge for $7999 and 23K on the clock few miles from me. Not sure I feel so good about getting my 2011 SL with 85% battery for $8.2K and 73K miles only 6 months ago...

http://www.getauto.com/2015/nissan/leaf/hatchback/florida/west-palm-beach/2015-nissan-leaf-details_160459690

AntronX said:
Wow, here is 2015 S with Quickcharge for $7999 and 23K on the clock few miles from me. Not sure I feel so good about getting my 2011 SL with 85% battery for $8.2K and 73K miles only 6 months ago...

http://www.getauto.com/2015/nissan/leaf/hatchback/florida/west-palm-beach/2015-nissan-leaf-details_160459690
The grass is always greener on the other side. If you have a good car and like it, stop looking around. :cool:

AntronX said:
Do you have Leafspy? What are the battery stats of this car?
I've got it. Just haven't used it yet. The module is in a bag in my Elantra GT. I recently took the GT in for some service work and put all the stuff from the glove box and center console in a bag for portability (well to get it out of the car while left at the service center). So now I just have to dig through it and find the little white reader module.

New thought... How do I tell if it has the 6.6 KW charger. I think it's an option for the S. Does the fact that it has the 400V DC quick charger imply (or verify) that it came with some "charger package" that included the 6.6 KW L2 onboard charger?

I feel kind of bad for the Austin people. That's our EV center of Texas, and they have hilly roads to drive around on. Houston is flat as a pancake and the ideal place to drive one, with the exception of the heat in the summer. But our extremely mild winter makes it a great place for fall, winter, and spring... as it almost never freezes down here.

retrodog said:
....Does the fact that it has the 400V DC quick charger imply (or verify) that it came with some "charger package" that included the 6.6 KW L2 onboard charger?
That was the case with my '13S, they were part of the same option, if it has one it has the other.

LeftieBiker said:
The QC port always comes with the 6.6kw charger, after 2012.
On the SL and S trim, yes. '13 to '15 SV come with 6.6 kW OBC but CHAdeMO inlet is part of an optional package.

My current '13 SV does not have CHAdeMO. My previous (leased) one did. Both have 6.6 kW OBC.

cwerdna said:
LeftieBiker said:
On the SL and S trim, yes. '13 to '15 SV come with 6.6 kW OBC but CHAdeMO inlet is part of an optional package.

My current '13 SV does not have CHAdeMO. My previous (leased) one did. Both have 6.6 kW OBC.

Mine doesn't have QC either, but what I wrote is correct. If the car is a '13 or later and has a QC port, it has the 6.6kw charger. The best way to enlarge on that is to say that if an S doesn't have QC, it doesn't have the 6.6 OBC.

LeftieBiker said:
cwerdna said:
LeftieBiker said:

Mine doesn't have QC either, but what I wrote is correct. If the car is a '13 or later and has a QC port, it has the 6.6kw charger. The best way to enlarge on that is to say that if an S doesn't have QC, it doesn't have the 6.6 OBC.
Off topic for a moment, "enlarge". Is that a NE thing or a NY thing or what? I get around a lot and don't think I've ever noticed it. I've always used and heard the word "expand" in that context. Don't get me wrong, I understand the similarities of the definition of each, it just threw me for a moment.

Back