Flat tire experience

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another update for the group. So my steering wheel is not centered and the car seemed to pull a bit, so I called the dealership and they told me to bring it back in. They would try putting the new tire to the back, and if that didn't work, doing a front end alignment.

So I dropped it off this morning and he seemed to think he would be able to fix it. He asked his tech if they could do an alignment on a LEAF and the tech seemed to say he could.

So I get a call in the afternoon and they tell me that they could not do the alignment. They tried to manually adjust it, but apparently their alignment machine does not have the LEAF info in it yet. I sure wish they had checked that before they took my car in the morning.

So basically a waste of a trip. I think I am going to call Nissan corporate and ask them why their dealerships don't have the alignment info yet. Could the tech have used the service manual and set the specs manually from that? I'm not really sure how an alignment machine works.

So not resolved yet... grrr.

-Peter

Dealership should have easily been able to measure the angles and know from memory if there is a problem.
Most vehicles have practically the same specs such that a bent suspension would easily show.
Too much reliance on the computer these days. ;)

Yep, the Service Manual has everything that any competent alignment guy needs to do the job on any kind of alignment rig. The dealer gets demerits for this one...

prberg said:
Could the tech have used the service manual and set the specs manually from that? I'm not really sure how an alignment machine works.

mogur said:
Yep, the Service Manual has everything that any competent alignment guy needs to do the job on any kind of alignment rig. The dealer gets demerits for this one...

prberg said:
Could the tech have used the service manual and set the specs manually from that? I'm not really sure how an alignment machine works.
Not only that, it's easy enough to compare the alignment of the bashed side to the non-bashed side.

I replaced all 4 tired on my BMW with ones from Tire Rack. The BMW pulled to one side, they reversed the 2 front tires and the pull went away. No alignment needed. The mechanic said sometimes a tire will pull, even though it doesn't have any defects. The car alignment was fine before and after, so it must have been something with that one tire.

I wouldn't split tire types/manufacturers on the front or rear.....2 tires or 4, never one. But that's just me....

Back