Florida CHAdeMO DCQC news

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spike09 said:
x10guy said:
Good idea in starting a new thread for FL. The original one is starting to get bloated with side discussions and is getting less and less useful even for those is CA. :(
I think we need to split Florida up into North Florida, Central Florida and South Florida!
Judging by the traffic in this thread, I don't think there is much point in splitting it up.

And to the best of my knowledge, there is still only one DCQC in Florida, having heard nothing from Orlando or Punta Gorda.

OttoH said:
spike09 said:
x10guy said:
Good idea in starting a new thread for FL. The original one is starting to get bloated with side discussions and is getting less and less useful even for those is CA. :(
I think we need to split Florida up into North Florida, Central Florida and South Florida!
Judging by the traffic in this thread, I don't think there is much point in splitting it up.

And to the best of my knowledge, there is still only one DCQC in Florida, having heard nothing from Orlando or Punta Gorda.
I meant the main Florida thread should be split up!

I just made a road trip to the Jones Loop location. It is a mobile home park. No sign of ANY charge station much less a Level 3 Chademo.
I am now at Harbor Nissan getting a level 2 charge so I can get home! People here were very nice about getting connected.

jrreno said:
I just made a road trip to the Jones Loop location. It is a mobile home park. No sign of ANY charge station much less a Level 3 Chademo.
I am now at Harbor Nissan getting a level 2 charge so I can get home! People here were very nice about getting connected.
just curious, what made you believe that there would be any kind of charging station at that location?

The following exchange after I polled the PR guy after the latest blurb from Nissan
regarding new DCQC :

James:

Sorry that I cannot answer your question with specific details. We are looking at dealers in the Orlando and Tampa markets, but I can't say if they may help with that specific drive. Stay tuned for more details later this year and into the first quarter of 2014.

Best regards,

Brian

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 8, 2013, at 10:55 PM, "Home" <[email protected]> wrote:

Brian
I am a Leaf owner located in Sarasota, Florida. I would very much appreciate knowing where and when quick charge stations might be installed in Florida. A single station installed near the junction of Interstate 4 and 75 would allow me to drive to Orlando, a trip I make often.

Thank you

James

Plugshare says there is a quick charge station at Southerlin Nissan, 8125 E Colonial Dr. Orlando FL 32817.

Can anybody confirm that?

Today I stopped by the Autoway of Brandon Dealership. They have a nice new CHAdeMO charger at the front of the building. Free to use, no fob needed but only available during business hours. When I went Plugshare to upload a picture the CHAdeMO was no longer listed. I changed the listing to show the QC and added my picture. Nissan folks were very friendly.

mirko said:
Yes! I've used it a couple of times.

The valets didn't give you any trouble using it? That's great news, as the Gardens area is just at the very southern limit of my range without a charge. My wife actually has a dentist appointment this morning, off 45th St, and is taking my Plugin Prius instead. If the DCQC has easy access with no hassles, this is a game changer for me! :D

keydiver said:
mirko said:
Yes! I've used it a couple of times.

The valets didn't give you any trouble using it? That's great news, as the Gardens area is just at the very southern limit of my range without a charge. My wife actually has a dentist appointment this morning, off 45th St, and is taking my Plugin Prius instead. If the DCQC has easy access with no hassles, this is a game changer for me! :D

I've had no problems. I usually go every Monday evening. The valets pretty much know me now. So far they say that I'm the only one that they know of that has used the DCQC. While the car is charging I go to the iBar and enjoy a beverage. By the time that I'm done with the beverage, the car is read to go.

The valet has verified that for now there is no charge. They also have a couple of L2 chargers there as well.

mirko said:
I've had no problems. I usually go every Monday evening. The valets pretty much know me now. So far they say that I'm the only one that they know of that has used the DCQC.

Thanks for the tip, I just had to check it out yesterday. The valet on duty, Dan, was very nice, but said he has never had anyone on his shift use the DCQC. He grabbed the key, but it wasn't even locked. The only thing I messed up on was not pulling up on the nozzle locking lever the first time, and the machine popped up an error message that the nozzle wasn't connected to the car. 15 minutes of charge gave me more juice than an hour of L2! As I said before, there have been several times when my weekend errands have taken me as far south as the Palm Beach Gardens area, but it has been real tight getting back home. One time I hit LBW just as I turned into my development. This DCQC changes everything, as 5-10 minutes of quick charge gives me a huge buffer! Thanks again! :D

Village of Pinecrest Authorizes Installation of Level 3 DC Fast Charger in SE Florida

Plans call for the station being installed asap with a January 2014 opening date. :D

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/24976-Village-of-Pinecrest-Authorizes-Installation-of-Level-3-DC-Fast-Charger-in-SE-Florida" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MiamiLeaf said:
Village of Pinecrest Authorizes Installation of Level 3 DC Fast Charger in SE Florida

Plans call for the station being installed asap with a January 2014 opening date. :D

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/24976-Village-of-Pinecrest-Authorizes-Installation-of-Level-3-DC-Fast-Charger-in-SE-Florida" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Marroone Nissan of Kendall has a L3 DCQC installed and are waiting on city approval to turn it on. Same goes for Marroone Nissan Miami, Pembroke Pines, and Delray Beach.

spike09 said:
MiamiLeaf said:

Marroone Nissan of Kendall has a L3 DCQC installed and are waiting on city approval to turn it on. Same goes for Marroone Nissan Miami, Pembroke Pines, and Delray Beach.
Pinecrest Gardens, where the DCQC is to be installed, has a Green market every Sunday, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m!

Back