Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the same boat, to a lesser degree in month (5 payments to go) but to a greater degree in monthly payments. You're only overpaying about $125/mo... I would just ride it out a while longer if I were you, we might see a pull-ahead deal on the leases.

No deal on taking my 2012 back. They wanted over $10,000 just to take the car back and give me a new, 36-month, $360/month lease.

Not too surprising. The 2012's aren't worth much.

N1ghtrider said:
I ended up going back to the Palm Beach Outlets Mall
Great! I didn't know they had chargers there. Are they L2? Are they easy to find? That actually helps me quite a bit.

Weatherman said:
In light of the supposed more durable battery in the 2015 LEAF, and the option to buy a new battery at some point in the future, what are all you Florida early adopters thinking about doing with your 2012 LEAFs.

A lot depends on whether I can get out of this B0133 Hell that Nissan has me in at the moment. I'm 90% sure that I will qualify for a new battery next year, if I can stick it out with the reduced range until then.

Whoa I've had much better offers than that. Worst case you have the remaining payments on the lease to get out from under. Talk to Douglas at Bill Seidle. But seriously the best you're going to do is cut your payment from 360 to 220-250, so you're only improving by ~120 /month which is 1500 for the year.

We Florida folks need to stay calm here and talk each other down from doing something silly. Forget the b0133 nonsense, these 2012s need to be dropped off on nmacs doorstep at the appointed hour unless they offer a pull ahead. They don't want us wandering off the plantation.

LTLFTcomposite said:
We Florida folks need to stay calm here and talk each other down from doing something silly. Forget the b0133 nonsense, these 2012s need to be dropped off on nmacs doorstep at the appointed hour unless they offer a pull ahead. They don't want us wandering off the plantation.

Absolutely.

I was just playing around to see what kind of horrible deal I'd be offered without an official lease pull-ahead as an incentive. I was driving my Volt, today. I didn't even bother going home to pick up the LEAF before going to the dealer.

The results were, pretty much, what I expected.

We also need to remind ourselves that todays announcement of the battery replacement price may sound like good news but to most people that sounds like a dark cloud hanging over the car and the LEAF is still a turkey in the overall market. There will be plenty of good deals to come.

Submitted for comments from the peanut gallery:

Turn in the current 2012 with 5 ($480) lease payments remaining and give them $500 to get into a 2014 S with charge pkg, 36 month lease, 35 more payments of $225/mo incl tax.

Side notes: 31K miles on the 2012, original tires still have just enough tread left to get away with, if we drive it to lease end I'll almost certainly get dinged for a set of tires in addition to the $300 turn in fee

2014 may or may not have the lizard battery. If it does, great, we'll see how it's doing in three years. If it doesn't, that may work out even better, as I would get a new lizard battery as a replacement around the three-year mark. Assumption is that even if they do figure out I opted out of the settlement that would only apply to the 2012, since it's worded into the original warranty on the 2014.

Intent this time would be to buy out the lease if the lizard batteries are holding up better and they didn't try to jerk me around if it turns out to be a pre-lizard car.

So, someone is actually giving you a real, lease pull-ahead offer instead of a you-buy-your-current-car-from-NMAC-and-we'll-give-you-$10,000-less-to-buy-it-from-you offer?

Weatherman said:
So, someone is actually giving you a real, lease pull-ahead offer instead of a you-buy-your-current-car-from-NMAC-and-we'll-give-you-$10,000-less-to-buy-it-from-you offer?
No mention of an official pull-ahead offer from NMAC, but who knows what back channel discussions could be going on, that's not my concern.

They aren't quite at those numbers yet, but close. I think they want to get rid of some cars.

I don't know who told you that $10k nonsense, obviously they weren't very serious. In the very worst case you'd pay off the lease and give them the car back early and move on to a new lease. Not that I'd recommend that, just saying that would be a whole lot less than $10k.

LTLFTcomposite said:
I don't know who told you that $10k nonsense, obviously they weren't very serious. In the very worst case you'd pay off the lease and give them the car back early and move on to a new lease. Not that I'd recommend that, just saying that would be a whole lot less than $10k.

I wish it was that easy, but the lease contract clearly states that if I terminate the lease early, I owe NMAC an Early Termination Charge "equal to the difference, if any, between the Adjusted Lease Balance and the vehicle's Fair Market Wholesale Value", plus all the other, standard end-of-lease charges.

The current Adjusted Lease Balance on my contract is the buy-out price, which stands at around $22,000, including tax.
The current Fair Market Wholesale Value is, probably, somewhere in the low to mid teens, at best.

^ Well I sit corrected. I was told the worst I would face is paying out the lease... which itself is bad enough, paying for months of use you give away. I wonder if that clause is intended to address a time period earlier in the lease. Otherwise why not just park the car.

I'm still not sure I want the deal even at those numbers. I'm also eyeing a specialized rockhopper to add even more variety to the midlife crisis or possibly a Tesla.

Weatherman said:
In light of the supposed more durable battery in the 2015 LEAF, and the option to buy a new battery at some point in the future, what are all you Florida early adopters thinking about doing with your 2012 LEAFs.

I financed my 2012 LEAF. I'm at 9 bars so I'm happy about the 2015 lizard battery. I predict my battery replacement is coming soon and probably will keep the car for a few more years.

The LEAF gets nicer each year and some of the other automakers are finally making EVs. I want my next EV to have a significant increase in range and be able to drive itself.

Hey Floridians,

I've been a long time lurker on this forum. I've finally decided to make the jump and lease a 2015 Leaf. I was wondering what dealers you all have had positive experiences with and would recommend. I've called around to a few and only was has been willing to consider honoring the nationwide $199/month and $1999 down for a base S.

Thanks for your help in advance.

J

What part of Florida are you in? The range of the Leaf rather restricts how far away you should get quotes. ;-)
I bought from Wallace Nissan in Stuart, and they have always treated me great. But then, I was an easy sell.

one problem I found was that here in FLA there isn't a lot of inventory and many of the dealerships really don't care about selling the leaf, know little about the car. my advice would be to shop via internet the dealers near atlanta who have big inventories and have the car shipped or use their prices to haggle the local guys

Has anyone in South Florida had a warranty battery replacement done yet? If so, where? I just lost my 4th bar today and would like to know what others have experienced in SFL. I haven't found any posts of anyone down here losing the 4th bar.

mirko said:
Has anyone in South Florida had a warranty battery replacement done yet? If so, where? I just lost my 4th bar today and would like to know what others have experienced in SFL. I haven't found any posts of anyone down here losing the 4th bar.

You are the first, reported. Although many others are right behind you. I'd expect to see a whole bunch of South Florida four-bars-gone over the next couple of months. We still have about six weeks of summer weather left (highs upper 80s to around 90 and lows in the mid and upper 70s) before the dry season arrives.

Back