Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
65.9 miles for my trip home from Orlando....... I have spotted a charger
on the way just off of SR 192 but have no idea whether there is anything
to do while waiting for a little juice..... :mrgreen:

LTLFTcomposite said:
No kidding, with these FL dealers it's dog eat dog, and Leaf buyers are wearing milk bone underwear.

Evenoelle, FYI, I was able to get Bill Seidle to agree to sell to me at MSRP with no additional dealer fees, just the destination charge and state-required fees added. No other dealer I talked to would do that. The guy I talked to at BS Nissan was Leonardo Niemis. I see you're in Miami so no big deal for you, my trip home with the new Leaf will be 54 miles... a bit longer than I would have preferred for a first outing, hopefully they will have it fully charged at delivery.

Milk bone underwear - hahahaha!

Thanks for the Bill Seidle info (I also had a laugh at "BS" Nissan - was that intentional?) - this is good news. I have a different contact there but last we spoke, they did not have pricing info. So I guess that may have changed. How funny that you are coming down from Delray to Miami since we were looking at Delray Maroone Nissan - doing the exact opposite of you!

evenoelle said:
Milk bone underwear - hahahaha!

Thanks for the Bill Seidle info (I also had a laugh at "BS" Nissan - was that intentional?) - this is good news. I have a different contact there but last we spoke, they did not have pricing info. So I guess that may have changed. How funny that you are coming down from Delray to Miami since we were looking at Delray Maroone Nissan - doing the exact opposite of you!

I should give credit for the dog eat dog quote - that was "Norm" on "Cheers".

All of these dealers are learning as they go; I don't think we should hold it against them too much, while it's true they should be the biggest evangelists since it's their product, at the same time they have to make their numbers every month and for now and the foreseeable future that means keeping your nose to the grindstone selling your quota of gas cars, or they'll be out on the street. I think it was Spike who blazed the trail at BS Nissan (that was accidental but as soon as I typed that I knew it was a keeper) so we have him to thank for enduring the most pain training the dealer on the ordering process as well as finding one who would forgo charging the junk fee.

I'm surprised you found your way to a Delray dealer all the way up from Miami. Delray dealers have historically had the worst pricing in my experience; they will swear up and down that nobody can give you a better deal than what they are offering, then you drive 10 minutes down the road to Pompano and get the exact same thing for $1500 less. Anyway Maroone Delray lost my business over the dealer fee, even though their fee was less than some other dealers quoted me (Royal Palm was $1000!). Personally I have a huge problem with dealer junk fees, but these dealers hold on to them like family heirlooms.

LTLFTcomposite said:
All of these dealers are learning as they go; I don't think we should hold it against them too much, while it's true they should be the biggest evangelists since it's their product, at the same time they have to make their numbers every month and for now and the foreseeable future that means keeping your nose to the grindstone selling your quota of gas cars, or they'll be out on the street. I think it was Spike who blazed the trail at BS Nissan (that was accidental but as soon as I typed that I knew it was a keeper) so we have him to thank for enduring the most pain training the dealer on the ordering process as well as finding one who would forgo charging the junk fee.

I'm surprised you found your way to a Delray dealer all the way up from Miami. Delray dealers have historically had the worst pricing in my experience; they will swear up and down that nobody can give you a better deal than what they are offering, then you drive 10 minutes down the road to Pompano and get the exact same thing for $1500 less. Anyway Maroone Delray lost my business over the dealer fee, even though their fee was less than some other dealers quoted me (Royal Palm was $1000!). Personally I have a huge problem with dealer junk fees, but these dealers hold on to them like family heirlooms.
I don't really hold this against the dealers - I think Nissan dropped the ball on this one - they really need to educate their dealers before rolling out a new product. When consumers (like us) have more accurate information from reading a message board on the internet than the dealers do, something is wrong.

We had contemplated Delray Nissan because they were the only ones who could definitively say they were not going to charge anything above MSRP. BS Nissan couldn't say that at the time that I inquired. Now that they have, I would definitely buy down here rather than to drive North. That stupid dealer fee...my husband could rant for hours about that.

afn10694 said:
I am becoming greatly disenchanted with the way Nissan is handling this. With the 2012 price increase and the premium pricing quoted by dealers, the Volt is looking much more attractive. The Chevy dealers that have aggreed to sell at MSRP are getting larger allotments than those who are not selling at MSRP. And Volts are supposed to be in Florida in September -- Sooner than I would expect to see a Leaf.
Has any Chevy delear in Florida given you a quote? I read on the gmvolt blogs they were selling for 4000 over MSRP

hodad66 said:
Sure is lonely as the only pin in Florida with my new order. If
you already have a Leaf or if you are close to ordering why
not enter info into the map provided in this thread....

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1160

It will be interesting to watch the growth of Leaves in Florida..... :mrgreen:
I'm on the RAQ map but I have not added my details to the spreadsheet yet

The Chevy dealer in Gainesville told me they were going to be selling at MSRP and they had an allotment of 4 coming in Sept and not all spoken for yet. I did not see a quote and do not know if they have some way of elevating the price. I might see about getting a more firm quote but... After telling the Leaf dealer no thanks to their 2000 dealer package of scotchguard and sealer that with the 2012 price increase and their 2000 premium, the Volt looked more attractive to me (range anxiety, etc). He called back yesterday and said he had shown my message to his GM and was going to be able to offer it to me at MSRP. Since the range meets my criteria for a 20mi one way commute, and we already have a Prius for the traveling car and the Leaf will be at least $5000 less. I am awaiting my new quote since I had already transfered dealers for a quote. (second dealer actually came in higher). I think I will then place the order.

spike09 said:
afn10694 said:
I am becoming greatly disenchanted with the way Nissan is handling this. With the 2012 price increase and the premium pricing quoted by dealers, the Volt is looking much more attractive. The Chevy dealers that have aggreed to sell at MSRP are getting larger allotments than those who are not selling at MSRP. And Volts are supposed to be in Florida in September -- Sooner than I would expect to see a Leaf.
Has any Chevy delear in Florida given you a quote? I read on the gmvolt blogs they were selling for 4000 over MSRP

PS to last Post. from AFN10694

reserved July 15, 2011, bit the bullet and ordered blue SL today, Aug 6,2012. At 35,200 MSRP plus transportation, $699 dealer, tax, and all tag & transfer stuff.

Had quote for 2012 loaded Red with Neutral leather interior Volt, for a bit over 45M dealer sticker, being built next week with delivery in a month or two. Just like I would want in a Volt, but it is $10,000 more and uses high octane premium gasoline. Probably would do my 40mile RT commute on our FL terrain ok. I was tempted.

Posted to RAQ and Florida maps

Frankly I'm pretty pissed off at Nissan for both there distribution, delays, price hikes and screwy dealers but I'm still willing to buy because I don't want to mess around with a hybrid, plug in or not. Volt just doesn't cut it in my book, the Prius gets better milage, is cheaper, and has more room. And the motor they but is the Volt is nothing special, plus it is a GM after all. Biggest issue I think is Nissan just did not understand who is buying these first batch of cars. They think we need to be eased into them like babies who don't know what they are getting into. When in truth we would be more then happy to be a test this car for Nissan since we all know quite a bit about the car already.

I'm beginning to think that the best thing is to wait another year to see what Ford brings out and some other the other companies that are bringing electric cars to the market. The Ford Focus EV looks to be the main Leaf competitor and looks to have better charge times and better styling.

Anyway I tried Nissan of Pompano and got a pretty prompt response even though it was at MSRP. I didn't see any dealer fees or add ons which seems to be the best I've gotten so far. First one that gives me some off will get my order though.

ElectricD if you haven't already done so I suggest getting them to specify in your quote or an Email that they won't charge a dealer fee. I had dealers insisting on fees as high as $1k. I was afraid I would negotiate a deal (if you can call MSRP negotiating) only to be told to pay more when I go to close the deal... in fact I still am, even though BS Nissan assured me they won't I still half expect it to happen.

Ok so I got a quote that looks like MSRP plus the destination charge. How were you able to get them to agree to no dealer fees? Were you able to get it in writing? Past experience makes me never trust car dealers.

evenoelle said:
Ok so I got a quote that looks like MSRP plus the destination charge. How were you able to get them to agree to no dealer fees? Were you able to get it in writing? Past experience makes me never trust car dealers.

Yes, Leonardo Niemes sent me an email stating that they would do the deal without a dealer service fee:

response from BS Nissan said:
As per our conversation, yes indeed I would make this deal for you without the Dealer’s Fee just go right ahead and proceed with your ordering. Call me or e-mail me if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Leonard

email from me said:
Yes, I put my reservation in place back on April 20th, 2010 including the $99 reservation fee. I received the quote from Bill Seidle Nissan via the "My Account" page on the Nissan site. Can you please confirm that Bill Seidle NIssan will not add a dealer fee or administrative fee to this transaction, and that the only additional charges added to the price of $35,370 will be the $850 destination fee and license/tag fees as well as state required sales taxes and fees.

Based on that I said I would place the order through them, but the quote expired. The refreshed/updated the RAQ, this time also stating in the quote on the web site that they would not charge a dealer fee. I confirmed it again with them in a subsequent phone call when they followed up with me after placing the order. Not sure how much more of an assurance you can ask for, at this point I just have to hope they will honor the commitment they made.

Ok, I need some help. From what I can tell, my dealer is trying to throw in extras and I just want to be able to go back with an intelligent rebutle.

"The lease payment is $490/ month tax included on the SL model that you chose. This is based on 12000 miles a year for 39 months with $2599 down. The difference in payment is the tag fee, dealer fee, and the $947 adendum that the dealership adds to all of its vehicles. I have spoked to the other LEAF dealers and they are also adding on their adendums as well. I look forward to assisting you in this process and thank you once again for considering Universal Nissan."

"$490 a month**
39 month lease, $490 initial customer payment, 12000 miles per year Dealer price
this price includes:
2012 Nissan LEAF SL trim
brilliant silver
no options selected
no accessories selected
Cost of the home installation dock, processing fees, tax title license, destination & handling charges are not included. The value of any trade-ins will be determined and applied at a later date."

So are they trying to tack on a dealer fee AND a random $947 adendum?

Any help is appreciated. Or other dealers in Orlando to check with.

HankHill I was originally thinking lease to have some protection against the car not working out, future technology obsolescence, etc but at the end of the day the lease just had too many arms and legs for me to deal with. At least with the purchase you can see what you're paying.

Here is an update I recieved today from Nissan:

Your vehicle is scheduled to arrive at your Nissan Dealer in the month of November 2011.

Please be aware that it is normal for delivery dates to fluctuate by a few days as production is finalized. Should your delivery date change by more than two weeks, we will send you an email to notify you of the change.

HankHillNeedsALeaf said:
Ok, I need some help. From what I can tell, my dealer is trying to throw in extras and I just want to be able to go back with an intelligent rebutle.

"The lease payment is $490/ month tax included on the SL model that you chose. This is based on 12000 miles a year for 39 months with $2599 down. The difference in payment is the tag fee, dealer fee, and the $947 adendum that the dealership adds to all of its vehicles. I have spoked to the other LEAF dealers and they are also adding on their adendums as well. I look forward to assisting you in this process and thank you once again for considering Universal Nissan."

"$490 a month**
39 month lease, $490 initial customer payment, 12000 miles per year Dealer price
this price includes:
2012 Nissan LEAF SL trim
brilliant silver
no options selected
no accessories selected
Cost of the home installation dock, processing fees, tax title license, destination & handling charges are not included. The value of any trade-ins will be determined and applied at a later date."

So are they trying to tack on a dealer fee AND a random $947 adendum?

Any help is appreciated. Or other dealers in Orlando to check with.

Universal was the only dealer that insisted on this "dealer addendum" of the three I contacted. Sutherlin Nissan (John Leone) was MSRP.

Back