free blink charging ends spring 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
walterbays said:
I continue to get plugged and unplugged notifications for several hours afterwards. I suppose these are other drivers who visit the charging station after me.
I have received spurious "charging stopped" emails for months after charging at a Blink station with my card--probably 3 or 4 identical messages over a 3-month period, when we only only used the charger once.

I emailed Blink support about this and never received any explanation. They will definitely need to work out the bugs before beginning to charge people--it will be a major clusterf@#k if we start getting billed for other people's charge sessions.

TT

Blink is none existent in Kissimmee and Orlando Florida...if we can get just one 440v station somewhere paid usage it would be epic. But Blink in Orlando is none existent.

I've recently used the BLINK fast chargers in the SF Bay area. I live in the North Bay, about 20 minutes North of SF. My range is now extended down the entire Peninnsula to San Jose thx to chargers there, and now well up the 101 Corridor to Calistoga almost thanks to a brand new 440 charger at the Nissan Dealer in Petaluma. I understand there will soon be a second one in Petaluma. I am personally lobbying as well for one or more in SF, and also for 3 placed strategically on the way to Lake Tahoe's North Shore. I agree with everyone that reliability AND backups are important... but be patient people! This is brand new infrastructure and technology and there are bound to be a few glitches. Just be thankful you're not in an aircraft needing a charge!! ( One place EV infastructure CAN NOT afford glitches, and the WORST P.R. possible! )

Back