Get this one?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The car is my previous post didn't work out, but how about this one? 2022 Leaf SV Plus, battery manufactured Feb 2022. Owned southeast of Los Angeles (Downey, CA), but 20 miles or so from the coast so probably no salt damage.

Consumer Reports' used car ratings had some concerns about the battery and charging (orange - below average) in terms of reliability issues, based on their surveys. Has anyone with the 2022's run into these issues, that you know of? Mostly on here I see posts about older Leafs, though I haven't dug through everything yet.

Screen 1 (1).jpeg

Voltage histogram.jpeg

GIDs.jpeg

See next post for the rest.

Last two screenshots, battery temp is from looking over the car, then test drive with some city, then freeway for a few miles, then highway speed sideroads. I've seen "sonar" DTCs on both vehicles now, hard for me to interpret but I wonder if this is common. These are just current DTCs, it wouldn't show historical ones, right?

Attachments

• DTCs.jpeg
    DTCs.jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Battery temp.jpeg
    Battery temp.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 62
The charging issues have to do with attempting multiple Quick Charges in the same day - especially but not only in Hot weather. The car will 'throttle back' on the charge rate, and the battery may get very warm. If you need to do more than one QC a day, then the ePlus isn't for you. Otherwise they are great cars. The sonar unit should be covered under warranty.

Bluebird said:
Last two screenshots, battery temp is from looking over the car, then test drive with some city, then freeway for a few miles, then highway speed sideroads. I've seen "sonar" DTCs on both vehicles now, hard for me to interpret but I wonder if this is common. These are just current DTCs, it wouldn't show historical ones, right?

The sonar is for the backup parking and you usually don't see those unless someone has hit the Leaf from the rear. I only know because of this. https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=33661

That's concerning about the sonar codes, thanks for the info. I did end up buying this vehicle - tomorrow is the last day to exchange it if needed, so I'm wondering if I need to take it to a NIssan dealer (not the one I bought it from) and have them run a diagnostic on the codes / check for damage underneath the exterior for some answers. I looked over the car as best I could, I'm not familiar with collision repair, but here is how it looks with the rear cargo area floor mat removed. Does this welding toward the bottom of the photo look like something that's original to the car, or maybe post-accident?

A little mold at the bottom of the top photo. Maybe a small spill.

Attachments

• trunk b.jpg
    trunk b.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 25
  • trunk c.jpg
    trunk c.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 25
The DTC's are what is stored in the modules. They could be active or past errors that were not cleared. Did you try clearing the codes with LEAF Spy? Do you get beeping sound with it in reverse if there is an obstruction behind the car? Are there any warnings on the dash when you start the car about the sensor system?

I checked and the previous Leaf I looked at had several of the same B272X codes, and they were historical, not active. I didn't think to ask for the DTC printout again with this car, but maybe they are also historical codes.

For this current car, it definitely beeps a warning when backing out of our rather small garage. It's a tight fit but workable. No warnings on the dash at startup. I haven't cleared the codes from LeafSpy and I might leave that to the dealer / mechainc. But if I did clear them, the assumption would be if they go away and stay away it's fine; if they come back there is still an issue?

Back