GOM Reset?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamchemist

I own a 2012 LEAF. After an overnight charge and in Eco mode, the GOM guess of Miles To Go is frequently 10 miles high. It then drops drastically in the first few miles of driving. I do own a GID Meter, which, of course, does not go through such gyrations.

My question is - are we confident that a 2012 GOM remembers our recent driving style overnight and through a battery charge? I am aware of the notion that this effect results from slow neighborhood driving up to my garage on the night before the charge. In my case such driving amounts to about one minute and less than one mile, so it's not a good explanation. I wonder if perhaps the GOM forgets my driving style overnight and/or with a charge, and initially assumes some ideal driving scenario in its calculations.

So far as I know we are only guessing at what algorithm is used to drive the GOM. We only know that for 2011/2012 it was so illogical as to make the display useless in many cases. They seem to have improved the logic somewhat for 2013, but I still don't depend on it, except when the battery is close to empty.

Ray

Put a sticky note over top of the guess o meter and get the Leaf Spy instead.

The distance to empty function (adjustable) is worth the purchase price alone.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=14285" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hello,
It does remember the history if there is one. Resetting everything goes back to STD whatever that is. My wife and I alternate days in the Leaf. She typically uses ~35% more energy than me. So every day I get in, the GOM goes up as I drive, when she starts out the GOM falls like a stone. The Nissan technical director Mr. Grossi stated that the car is recomputing the GOM every 500 meters. SO, even half a mile at reduced consumption will cause the GOM to vary substantially if you just pulled off the freeway with a headwind then drive surface streets at 35 mph at 5+ m/kWh. In my experience (anecdotally) it seems like it recomputes then averages against the last one.

Don

Back