Got me a leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
craig said:
LeafSpy is a little high tech for me. :)
I just go by what the dashboard shows me.

I was sort of nervous about using leaf spy when I was looking a couple of hours ago for the first time, but it saved me from buying a 8/13 manufacture date 2013 SL with "12 bars, basically new battery!". I asked if I could use a bluetooth dongle to check the battery. The salesmen knew quite a bit about the leaf (they sell a lot of them for my region), but it seemed like nobody had used leafspy with him before.

When I checked the battery it was at 86% state of health and 56.5AHr. 1% more and it would be a 11/12 bar leaf. Decided to walk away from it at that point as they were pricing it as if it had a full 12 bars, it seemed.

This is exactly why I always tell people who don't use LeafSpy to assume that any "12 bar" car they look at actually has 11 bars, and that any 11 bar car may actually have 10. Very few 2013 Leafs still have anywhere near a full 12 bars. Mine is 2% away from dropping to 11.

LeftieBiker said:
This is exactly why I always tell people who don't use LeafSpy to assume that any "12 bar" car they look at actually has 11 bars, and that any 11 bar car may actually have 10. Very few 2013 Leafs still have anywhere near a full 12 bars. Mine is 2% away from dropping to 11.

Any idea what SoH range would be a decent option for a 2013 yet? Possible I can find one that is 90%+ SoH? I'm going back out tomorrow to look at a couple more at a different dealer. Will see how good those '12 bars' are, I guess.

2015 SL's are harder to come by right now, for some reason (priced at about $13.5k,at the 'no negotiations dealers', in my area).

LeftieBiker said:
They are still around with over 90% SOH. I wouldn't try looking for one with 95+%, but low nineties should be findable.

Ended up buying an 8/13 manufactured SL with premium and 15k miles with 91% SOH. Thanks for the help!

Back