GPS

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete721

(Live in Hawaii) Not always, but often, when I start up and drive...the tracking would be way off in la la land or even driving over the ocean. Eventually it would come back on track (5 mins to 15+ mins). Nissan says may be the front windshield tint and wanted me to remove it (didn't due cost and MAY not do the trick). Been 2 years now. Anybody has a similar problem? Thanks

If your tint is metallic it will defiantly affect it. Non metallic should not.

The industrial building that the radio shop I work at has foil across the rafters. We can not test a cars GPS inside. We have to move it to the parking lot.

Is this still happening?

I began to notice a similar problem after I went in for the software update a few months ago. I took my Leaf back to the same dealer and they showed me the "change your location (I think)" option in one of the menus.

The problem was still there after changing the location and is still there today. Sometimes while driving on the highway the NAV will think I've moved onto another road.

I don't believe I had this problem before the software update.

I also couldn't find any new topics with this issue.

I have seen this with other types of GPS, but not yet in the LEAF. Sometimes the unit will show the vehicle located some distance from the actual position, but travelling on a parallel path. Other times it will show the vehicle in a completely different place, even in a large body of water, as OP mentioned.

I have plenty of other complaints about the LEAF GPS. This just does not happen to be one of them.

Back