Help with FAQ/Fact Sheet for my efforts to get charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpa2825

I would like to "lobby" my employer, the Landlord ("LL") where I work, the City where I work and the City where I live to install L2 charging stations. What is the best way to go about this? I don't think any of these make sense for "retail" options (Blink, Evgo, etc.), but maybe I am wrong. What I am thinking of is trying to convince them that it is either good business OR good government to make these available.

For the employer / LL (which would hopefully work in conjunction), I could see the employer maybe paying for the unit and the LL (large, multi-location realty company) providing the labor to install it and pay for any electricity used. They jointly get to put out press release about "free" L2 charging available and the "green" benefits of doing so. LL gets to include the L2 charger as a "benefit" when advertising the property (if they want to). The costs to the employer and the LL are pretty minimal.

For the Cities, the basic argument would be "get on the cutting edge and make your locality more attractive to a demographic that is attractive as well as being 'greener.'" I would think the locations would be either at a public library or near a public park.

Either 1 L2 positioned between 2 spaces to serve either OR 2 L2s positioned between 3/4 spaces. Obviously, all would need to be appropriately signed and monitored to avoid ICEing.

If someone has already tilted at these windmills, please share with me how you did it, what worked, what didn't work and any documentation you used. Thanks.

Back