How can you select which nav screen to show when turning on?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lion

Ever since my recent trip to the dealer (which involved applying the brake software update), the start up screen of my LEAF keeps changing. Sometimes it will be in nav mode (even when not used), other times it will be on the status screen. Ideally, I prefer the screen which shows how much energy I'm using.

I can't figure out how this is controlled, I haven't found any patterns, and searched this site and the manual. I know I'm missing something, since this wasn't a problem before. Any ideas?

some keywords to help find this answer: default,screen,navigation,startup

Hmm, good question, never really paid attention to that, thought it comes back up on whatever the last selection was. Have to look later. In any case, it's only 2 buttons to get to the energy screen.

Definitely doesn't come back to whatever was on last (which would be the best option IMO). I've tried turning the radio off before shutting the car down, tried this with all screens, in case it only works with some of the screens, but no luck.

While it's only a few 'clicks' to get to the right screen, it can be a distraction if you didn't notice the change until you are driving. It's not a big deal, just mostly wondering what Nissan's thinking is here.

Well, now that I'm paying attention, it seems to always come up on the map, though I've a vauge memory of seeing it come up on the status screen, (maybe after having turned the CC off before shutting down?) and I've never had any updates. I don't see any way to set a default either. Will have to play with it some more.

Upon start-up the screen returns to the last screen viewed. However this only applies to the last "MAIN" screen viewed. Main screens include the map, status, and audio screens. The energy usage screen is not considered a main screen, neither are settings screens.

It has become my habit to select the status screen before selecting the energy usage screen. This way I have a fixed reference for knowing where it will be at start-up.

I don't know about the 13 models but on my 11 the status screen will always come up on turn on. That screen has three different lower screens you can cycle through. I prefer the redio on the top and energy on the bottom. I think that is the most useful screen, and the fact it is there once you press OK, is even better.

kovalb said:
Upon start-up the screen returns to the last screen viewed. However this only applies to the last "MAIN" screen viewed. Main screens include the map, status, and audio screens. The energy usage screen is not considered a main screen, neither are settings screens.

It has become my habit to select the status screen before selecting the energy usage screen. This way I have a fixed reference for knowing where it will be at start-up.

That's what I figured it would do, but that's not what's happening. I'll have to do some more testing, but since I never use the NAV, it shouldn't come up with NAV. Again, not a big deal, just a weird behavior I'm trying to figure out.

Back