How cold is your AC

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkallen21

I have to admit that the climate control system in my Leaf S is somewhat of a mystery. The auto settings seems to be the best to get what I want.

But I put a thermostat to the AC the other day when it was in the 70's outside and the air would not co the car on any setting. The coldest it would blow was about 70 at idle. Today it's 37 outside and the air shows to be blowing at 56 but let's face it - it could be sucking in air from outside and it would be that cold at a minimum. I'm sure outside temp affects AC but I'm Trying to understand this system better. When it was blowing 56 I pushed the air recycle button and it started blowing 70 again. Why? Typically this is the "max AC" button.

Remember this is an S so I don't have the power meter on the dash. If I push the AC button it does affect my mileage guessing meter though.

Anyone else but a thermometer on the output? Any other tips?

Thanks

We're both named Jeff, both drive a 2013 Leaf S, and both had no AC. Coincidence? I think not! ;)
I stopped by yesterday but the "Leaf guy" was out. I did look at another one on the lot and it blew a lot colder than mine which convinced me there is an issue.

Back