How do I turn the nav off in the middle of a route?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickp

I am so sorry if this has already been answered....please point me to a thread as I searched and could not find one!

Yesterday I was going to a charge station, and decided to go to a different one after I had already programmed in the first location. It made the second a waypoint, which got super confusing. How do I just shut the thing down when I need to, and then program in a new location? And does it work with the Google Maps option? Thanks so much.

How do I just shut the thing down when I need to: To stop the current route, <Menu> button on right, then touch <Route> then touch <cancel current route>.

and then program in a new location? After cancelling the current route, start over and choose new destination.

And does it work with the Google Maps option? Does 'what' work with Google Maps? The method of cancelling a route, or the Nav unit itself ?

Thanks so much. You are welcome.

EDIT: here is a link for using Google Maps with the Nav unit. http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3370

There is also an iPhone app called LEAF Link that allows you to send navigation destinations to your LEAF

Actually these apps just send one location, usually the destination point
rather than a whole route, I believe. Then you can save these locations
in your LEAF.

Later, the LEAF recalculates a route for whatever destination you choose.

Thank y'all very much, that answered my questions. I have Leaf Link and have not done much playing with google maps yet, but I was just wondering if it acted the same with the shutting down part. Sounds like it does, thanks again.

If you want to build a specific route with Google maps, you'll need to send each waypoint along your route that is pertinent and then build a route in the LEAF (you can store five routes and five waypoints in each route).

The LEAF will store 200 waypoints. You cannot send routes from Google to the LEAF.

I would like to turn off the sat nav altogether... my car still thinks it is in south London, although I moved it to Jamaica!, so I get quiet warning about speed cameras several times a day. It doesn't seem to worry that I'm driving through urban green spaces and houses. Is there any way of switching it off, as I cannot find a SD card with local map data (the one in the car is for Europe). Is there any way of "uninstalling" it?

carphen said:
I would like to turn off the sat nav altogether... my car still thinks it is in south London, although I moved it to Jamaica!, so I get quiet warning about speed cameras several times a day. It doesn't seem to worry that I'm driving through urban green spaces and houses. Is there any way of switching it off, as I cannot find a SD card with local map data (the one in the car is for Europe). Is there any way of "uninstalling" it?
You could simply remove the SD card, but I think that disables a lot more of the functions than just the nav.

I think you can disable the voice nav feature, too, if that would help with those warnings. I haven't looked up how.

Back