How high do you install your Level 2 EVSE?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
theds said:
Is there a recommended or required height for a Level 2 EVSE installed inside a residential garage?

Suggest you make it convenient for you to reach and use, yet meet all code requirements. "Use" includes being able to easily wrap the charging cable around the cable hanger bracket without storing with the cable dragging on the ground. As an example, the install instructions for my AV charging station shows a diagram suggesting 48" from the ground to the bottom of the unit's mounting bracket. However in no place is that number explained. They do state the cable hanger be directly underneath and 12" down from the unit mounting bracket. I think you have a lot of flexibility here for your convenience and code compliance.

theds said:
Is there a recommended or required height for a Level 2 EVSE installed inside a residential garage?

Mine has an LCD touch screen, so I mounted it with the screen at eye level for me.
Cord reel below.

PlugsLabeled_zps26ef4450.jpg

I prefer a little on the high side to minimize the looping of the cable as it hangs.
2 or 3 (max) loops works best for easy stowage and keeping the cable from being twisted.
I have never pushed any buttons on the evse during regular use so a bit of a reach is OK.

The Leviton pre-wire kit also indicated the top of bracket to be at 48". It seems a bit low to me. My guess is it's probably for handicap access.

Back