How to use free public charging stations in Vancouver BC ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanart

How do I get those ID/Cards/Barcode one needs in order to get access to those level 2 charge stations?

Thank you for any info!

electric-vehicle-renewable-city.jpg

The stations pictured are Chargepoint. Register for a Chargepoint account and get a card? (I don't live in BC but I have 2 Chargepoint cards and an account.)

Or use the Chargepoint App on your phone. There seems to be over 100 places around the Vancouver area in PlugShare. Some cost to park, some cost to charge, some cost both to park and charge. Several different providers besides Chargepoint.

We are from BC. Just get the chargepoint RFID card. It's small and attaches to your keychain. Pre-pay 25 bucks and then just jold the card in front of the reader. You'll hear a click and the connecter comes free and you can plug in. It sends you an email as soon as it is disconnected with what you were charged. Most of the ones we have used have been free so it just tells you how many kwh were dispensed.

Good luck.

Back