I am shocked and gro$$ed out by some Charge Station Prices !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
all about perception really. I see L2's viable anywhere that the stay at a business will be more than one hour. This could be malls, movies, playgrounds, sporting events, work, school, park and rides, etc. There will be times were L1s should bolster the network just L3's should.

What I am seeing is everyone wanting a network that costs millions (L3s) but refusing to pay a few bucks to use them... hmmm???

What we need is more coverage, more options. Without willing to spend any money, we simply have to aim lower...

I can see L2's as destination charging, like hotels, but not where someone is going to spend the time and money to get something they could get for 1/4 of the price at home.

And I have no issues paying local EVgo prices for L3 ($5/session, 20cent/min), or $15/mo, 10cent/min, 12mon commit), tho a slightly lower session fee would cause me to use them more. I just wish they were located here in Colorado on the I70 corridor.

I'm not inclined to tell other people how to run their businesses but I do decide how to spend my money. I'll give priority to a PV business this spring that offers free L2 charging in a nearby town, and my 40 amp, 240v home charger is on plug-share offered free of charge to any EV passing by.

You don't like the L2 situation ? Do Something About It.

SageBrush said:
I'm not inclined to tell other people how to run their businesses but I do decide how to spend my money. I'll give priority to a PV business this spring that offers free L2 charging in a nearby town, and my 40 amp, 240v home charger is on plug-share offered free of charge to any EV passing by.

You don't like the L2 situation ? Do Something About It.

We have done the same although we took it off line for the winter while we are out of town. We have a 10K Juice Box that is available to anyone as long as they text or call us in advance. Having said that even in our small town a new CHaDemo and two more free L2's have gone in in the last year. Not sure if anyone will ever call us.

L2 will never make money on its own. Usually L2 is like reasonable amenity for clients of some business (hotel, cinema, paid parking)

Same for just a socket (aka L1 for US).

Back