ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like I'm reading tea leaves, but here's the latest from my PD (Campbell-Nelson): my car (and six others for CN) are in Long Beach, going through post-production. i.e. Getting floor mats put in, stickers applied, etc. When that's done, they will be put on a train and shipped to Portland. Once they get to Portland, the Seattle-bound cars will be trucked to the dealer. His standard estimate is 7-10 days from the time it leaves Long Beach until it arrives at the dealer. So, my guess is that when we get the "7 days" email from Nissan corporate, it means the cars are on the train. Portland folks would likely get their cars the day before the Seattle folks.

BTW, my dashboard still shows "pending", as it has since it was changed from "Week of 1/19" sometime around Christmas.

I'm still pending but I've heard a few other folks in the NW now have dates on their dashboard.. any updates folks? and I'm talking to people that had a date in January, have it change to Pending and then stick there.

Thanks

Patrick

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
I'm still pending but I've heard a few other folks in the NW now have dates on their dashboard.. any updates folks? and I'm talking to people that had a date in January, have it change to Pending and then stick there.

Thanks

Patrick

PDXLeafer and I were led to believe that we were among the first batch in Oregon. But, still pending here and have been for quite some time. I originally had the Jan. 19 date.

Yep - I am curious if it is still the very first batch of NW folks that have pending or not. Just looking to see if there is anything that makes sense.. I'm trying not to check online more than twice a day but I still find myself logging in several more times than that. Hoping.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
Yep - I am curious if it is still the very first batch of NW folks that have pending or not. Just looking to see if there is anything that makes sense.. I'm trying not to check online more than twice a day but I still find myself logging in several more times than that. Hoping.

Ha! You're worse than me. ;)

At least you have more reason.

I was the 19th, then went pending on 12/21. Then it came back with the 27th and has been sitting there ever since. According to the dealer dash, my car has been SIT since before 12/11 so I really can't see why it would take until the 27th.

I ordered 9/7 and have never been anything but pending. I am a CN order, Ray, any clue on mine? If all the orders were on the forum and on the spreadsheet I would think mine would be on the first truck, but I know we didn't capture most of the orders here. There are 15 orders on the spreadsheet from WA dealers including the Arizona customers who ordered from rairdon.. their cars are going for lots of truck rides! Someone guessed that we capture only 6% of the data, which would mean there are almost 300 WA orders.

I think the spreadsheet has way more than 6%. At least the early orders. I could imagine that we have captured a higher percentage of 'enthusiasts' that made sure to get their order in early than stragglers that ordered late. But from the reports from people picking up cars, there aren't many cars being delivered to dealers that aren't going to members.

With an order date of the 7th, I'd imagine you have several months to wait.

well i went from 19th to pending and now i am 24th which is a bit disappointing. from what "i know" which is literally nothing. called PD tues and still waiting for his call back.

but i dont see why we would not have our cars by next weekend the 14th at the latest?

SteveInSeattle said:
...There are 15 orders on the spreadsheet from WA dealers including the Arizona customers who ordered from rairdon.. their cars are going for lots of truck rides! Someone guessed that we capture only 6% of the data, which would mean there are almost 300 WA orders.
A couple more tea leaves:
(1) Campbell-Nelson tells me they have 80 LEAF orders
(2) My info isn't in the spreadsheet, but I have a VIN number lower than anyone else from OR/WA

(By way of explanation, I used to product-manage internet security products and my current position is with a transaction processor. As a result, I have an unhealthy level of paranoia with respect to privacy data)

sproqitman said:
(1) Campbell-Nelson tells me they have 80 LEAF orders
Rairdon's has about that much as well, IIRC. But we have a lot of early orders as members here. Later ones not so much (atleast not active).

Did my weekly 'drive-by' at the dealer yesterday evening. Nada - zip - no info other than what I have, which is the 'Eternal Pending of the Leafless Mind'. I told him to call me today when they get the car in. Positive thinking, you know ;)

I am suspecting we will see a few cars in the NW by mid-week next week. OK, back to sitting on my hands...

well hopefully we will start seeing some action here soon. my dash has been updated and checked it this morning so that is 12 hours of "no more pending"

so hopefully, it will stay that way this time

DaveinOlyWA said:
well hopefully we will start seeing some action here soon. my dash has been updated and checked it this morning so that is 12 hours of "no more pending"

so hopefully, it will stay that way this time
What is you dash saying now?

Last week, everything changed on Friday afternoon for the California folks. Lets see if we get a repeat this week with the Northwest buyers. Any bets? Sure hope so.

Back