ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bella Botega's not far from the Redmond town hall, too. Typhoon, Coho Cafe, a Starbucks and an Irish pub all there. If we do it in April I might arrive with my license plate on the right kind of car. ;)

Has anyone tried this uploading new charging addresses using this file from EVNation ?

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=65055#p65055

I vote slipping the next meet a week or two. My dashboard says "Week of April 8" and I just don't think I can face another meet-up with all of you owners if I'm that close to getting mine but still don't have it! :D

Congratulations.

Your LEAF's future CO2 emissions are scheduled to decrease, as are those of us PG&E customers in California.

"The last coal-fired power plant in the Pacific Northwest will shut down completely by 2025 under an agreement announced Saturday by Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire. The first boiler of TransAlta's 1,460-megawatt plant in Centralia, Wash., is set to go offline in 2020 and the second in 2025....

The only other such plant in the Pacific Northwest, the PG&E plant near Boardman, Ore., is already under an agreement to go offline in 2020."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/greenspace/2011/03/last-coal-plant-in-pacific-northwest-to-shut-beginning-2020.html

blorg said:
I vote slipping the next meet a week or two. My dashboard says "Week of April 8" and I just don't think I can face another meet-up with all of you owners if I'm that close to getting mine but still don't have it! :D
I see what appears to be at least 8 more vehicles that should be in the hands of forum members by mid-April based on the spreadsheet. I'm heading to EDTA (Electric Drive Transportation Association) in Washington DC for the week of April 18 and I am taking the weekend before and after to explore DC with the family. So my first available weekend in April would be the 30th or May 1st. It's 6 weeks away so hopefully that gives us plenty of time to warm up the weather, get lots of new cars on the road, and spread the news. I'll take pictures and get my hands on whatever I can from EDTA to share as well.
soo how does this sound:
4/30/11 @ 1 PM at Redmond at City Hall for next get together?
Once I know that we will have 10 attendees - I think we should just set it in stone and spread the word. I'll great a FB event like last time as well.

One other note - next week 3/15 - GE is having a their "GE EV Experience Tour" event at EMP this week. Registration is here: http://www.gesurveys.net/survey/133050/1065/
It sounds like they will have a LEAF there. I am going to go and I'll have my LEAF. I'm curious if anyone else is attending? Let me know if you are and we can meet up.
SBL

I'm in for the 4/30 date. And unless Nissan really pisses me off, I'll be bringing my Silver Leaf.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
It sounds like they will have a LEAF there. I am going to go and I'll have my LEAF. I'm curious if anyone else is attending? Let me know if you are and we can meet up.
SBL
I've signed up - but not sure of being there because of work.

blorg said:
I'm in for the 4/30 date. And unless Nissan really pisses me off, I'll be bringing my Silver Leaf.

I like April 30th too. Sounds like your Leaf and mine may on the same delivery slug.

Maybe we should be looking to move meetings to Fred Meyer's in the future. I know, it's Starbuck's inside the Bellevue store.

Fred Meyer Stores Partners with ECOtality to Install Blink™ EV Charging Stations
Fred Meyer joins The EV Project and will install Blink Commercial Charging Stations at stores in Project locations in Oregon and Washington

SEATTLE – March 7, 2011 – ECOtality, Inc. (NASDAQ:ECTY), a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, today announced the company’s partnership with food retail chain Fred Meyer, a division of The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR). Fred Meyer will install ECOtality’s Blink Level 2 Electric Vehicle (EV) Commercial Pedestal Charging Station at select stores within EV Project regions in Oregon and Washington. The deal makes Fred Meyer ECOtality’s first food retail partner in the Northwest.

“ECOtality’s goal has always been to install a robust charging infrastructure at the locations drivers already frequent, and we are pleased to welcome Fred Meyer food retail chain partnership for ECOtality and The EV Project in the Pacific Northwest,” said Jonathan Read, CEO of ECOtality, Inc. “The Blink Network of EV charging stations creates a new lifestyle for EV drivers. We are committed to continuing to sign partners that will allow consumers to charge in places they already frequent in their day-to-day lives—where they live, work, shop and play. With our partnership with Fred Meyer, we continue to make the Blink lifestyle a reality.”

As part of the agreement, Fred Meyer will become a commercial launch partner for The EV Project and will install ECOtality’s Blink Commercial Charging Station at stores in EV Project regions located in Oregon and Washington. Stores being considered in the Portland metro area include Hollywood, Stadium, Walker Road, Gresham and Newberg. Stores under initial consideration in the Seattle and Central Puget Sound area include Everett, Alderwood, Bellevue, Lake City and Kent. Additionally, two new stores – Wilsonville, Ore. and Maple Valley, Wash. – will receive charging stations. Blink charging stations will also be installed on major transportation corridors between Seattle store locations and the United States border with Canada.

“Our customers have been clear that they want to take advantage of the emerging electric car market,” said Michael Ellis, president of Fred Meyer Stores. “We are thrilled to partner with ECOtality to be the first retail chain to offer this service to residents of the Northwest. We’ve been doing business in the Northwest for more than 85 years and are proud to be part of such a progressive and sustainable community. This is a natural step for Fred Meyer and for our customers.”

ECOtality will begin installing Blink charging stations at Fred Meyer stores in Summer 2011. ECOtality will work with Fred Meyer as well as relevant area stakeholders to utilize the Company’s EV Micro-Climate™ process to determine which stores are suitable for installation. Factors that influence charging site locations include, distance to major interstates and transportation routes, and distance to other Blink EV charging facilities.

The Blink Commercial Charging Stations complement the Blink Home Charging Stations that ECOtality will install as project manager for The EV Project. ECOtality also marked today the installation of Blink Home Charging Stations at EV Project participants’ homes in Washington, following last week’s announcement of residential installations in Oregon. The Blink Level 2 Commercial Charging Stations incorporate the smart elements of the Blink design and provide intelligent, user-friendly features to intuitively and safely charge electric vehicles, including fully interactive color touch screens and web-based information delivery via the Blink Network. A Blink Network smartphone application allows users to access charge station locations and GPS navigation, as well as charge status and notifications of completed or interrupted charging.

Businesses like Fred Meyer will be able to take of advantage of advertising opportunities available through the Blink Network. Coordinated advertising campaigns can be developed to display Fred Meyer content and promotions, increasing potential customers and extending the customer journey to the parking lot. In addition business and other entities, with or without chargers at their locations, can take advantage of the media and advertising opportunities of the Blink Network that will be broadcast across Blink chargers starting in The EV Project regions and generally available nationwide.

Additionally, consumers can yield greater advantages of The Blink Network by becoming Blink Members. The Blink Network of charging stations allows EV drivers the freedom to travel wherever they choose with residential and commercial locations conveniently located at their normal destinations. Any EV driver will be able to charge at a Blink station through a variety of options including interoperable RFID cards or fobs, smartphone applications, mobile phone based payment options, and credit cards, but membership does have specific advantages, including; discounted charging rates, reservation systems, and enhanced Blink Network capabilities.

ECOtality is the project manager of The EV Project, and will oversee the installation of commercial and residential charging stations in 18 cities and major metropolitan areas throughout six states and the District of Columbia. The project, funded by the U.S. Department of Energy through a federal stimulus grant of $114.8 million made possible by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), will provide an EV infrastructure to support the deployment of 8,300 EVs. The grants are matched by private investment, bringing the total value of the project to approximately $230 million.

That Fred Meyer is behind my job's parking lot! And I was wondering how I might charge if needed, on a work day!!

bdgotoh said:
My dashboard still reads "month of April" so hopefully I'll be driving my red Leaf!

My dashboard also reads "month of April". Although I'm not holding my breath as I suspect it's more likely a May/June delivery.

i know its a drive for most and charging options are in the area (across the street) they have 4 120 Volt options. not sure that would be an option. but, for the adventurous, we have the annual Lacey Alternative Fuel Fair and Electric Car Rally. have shown cars there several years now. its a great way to talk with people who are interested in the technology

http://www.ci.lacey.wa.us/living-in-lacey/the-community/arts-and-events/lacey_alternative_energy_fair

We are on for April 30 at Redmond City Hall for the next meet up. I've heard from at least 10 people and an invite has been extended to the Seattle EVA group as well.

1:00 PM is the start time.

Put it on your calendar and share around.

SBL (Patrick)

I should be able to make the April 30th date in Redmond.

I don't have a Leaf yet, but would like to come see everyone else's.

I've test drove the Leaf, and Volt.

The Leafs will be coming en masse! On friday, the installer for my ecotality Blink charger, here in Seattle, said that there were 200 charger installs scheduled for April and that there were 3 contractors doing the installs.. clearly may and June are going to see more Leafs (unless the factory was damaged in the Earthquake)....

Back