ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the consensus on the best Seattle-area pricing for the 2013 Leaf? I've got a friend who's planning to purchase and SV soon. Prices over here in Eastern WA are probably MSRP, minus published Nissan deals. If better deals can be found in your area (I'm thinking Bellevue for an easier return), it might be worth the trip over. I think I've found the extra charging station needed to make the trip, but still it will be an ALL day affair, probably best as a three day round trip. Certainly easier to purchase locally or have it trucked over here, but heck, I'm almost at two years and ready for a repeat trip.

I have not personally looked into it, but my daughter who has dual residences near here and Ellensburg, has always felt Ellensburg was a great place to purchase a vehicle.

Might check it out.

Reddy said:
What's the consensus on the best Seattle-area pricing for the 2013 Leaf? I've got a friend who's planning to purchase and SV soon. Prices over here in Eastern WA are probably MSRP, minus published Nissan deals. If better deals can be found in your area (I'm thinking Bellevue for an easier return), it might be worth the trip over. I think I've found the extra charging station needed to make the trip, but still it will be an ALL day affair, probably best as a three day round trip. Certainly easier to purchase locally or have it trucked over here, but heck, I'm almost at two years and ready for a repeat trip.

I think $220-240 on a lease with SV and QC is about what most are getting but some are doing that with the discount program that takes off $1000 but if over 36 months that is $27 a month more or less so $247-267?

There was recently a Blink DCFC installed behind Nissan of the Eastside. But it's no longer appearing on the Blink map, plugshare or recargo.

Anyone know what happened to it? If it were temporarily offline, I'd still expect it to show up on the maps.

ITestStuff said:
There was recently a Blink DCFC installed behind Nissan of the Eastside. But it's no longer appearing on the Blink map, plugshare or recargo.

Anyone know what happened to it? If it were temporarily offline, I'd still expect it to show up on the maps.

not aware of any issues with it and its one of the rare dealer station DCFCs that is 24/7

Reddy said:

I picked up my SV + QC + Premium package for 250/month with 370 down(15K miles/year). This includes VPP discount. Feel free to PM me if you need information.

Thought folks watching this thread might be interested.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13904" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sun Country Highway "presentation" @ a Starbucks in Bellevue tomorrow. I assume they're trying to find some local business owners willing to sponsor charging stations.

LEAF.jpg

We picked up our LEAF today. We went through Younker Nissan in Renton, got VPP (I work at UW and that does it, apparently), and leased for 2 years, 12k miles/yr. Now to see whether 120V charging + the odd use of the Blink network (I have $100 credited there) will be sufficient for our light usage patterns.

Any good dealer reviews? I'm flying into SeaTac on October 1st to pick up a Leaf, and I need to settle on where to get it.

Younker had the lowest price in my initial emails, but good lord they keep calling me. I even got a bunch of phone calls saying "we haven't heard from you, are you still interested?" after I had called them about it.

I plan to do as much of the paperwork via FedEx if possible, so all I'll have to do is drop by the dealer to pick up the car. I really, REALLY do not want any of the usual dealer BS.

Advent said:
Any good dealer reviews? I'm flying into SeaTac on October 1st to pick up a Leaf, and I need to settle on where to get it.

Younker had the lowest price in my initial emails, but good lord they keep calling me. I even got a bunch of phone calls saying "we haven't heard from you, are you still interested?" after I had called them about it.

I plan to do as much of the paperwork via FedEx if possible, so all I'll have to do is drop by the dealer to pick up the car. I really, REALLY do not want any of the usual dealer BS.

I'd give Jimmy at Eastside Nissan in Bellevue a call. He's a no BS kinda guy,
drives a LEAF and does a grest job promoting the LEAF. Let me know if you want me to find his card with contact info.

I stopped by the Fred Meyer on Lake City Way today to charge up only to find all the chargers (L3 and L2) were completely blocked by a construction dumpster. Absolutely no way to charge. Customer Service told me they are replacing their roof and it will probably be blocked for two weeks !!!!

We need another L3 charger on the north end :evil:

@Advent - I had good service and great pricing from Advantage Nissan in Bremerton, $220 per month with nothing down, SV with QC and LED. A beautiful ferry ride straight across from Seattle!

Ask for Adam Green, tell him you want the same deal Marty got!

Hello MartyV

Did you have a trade in or anything? You just simply are paying the monthly payment with nothing down?

thanks in advance

Living aboard - No trade, just a straight $219 per month with nothing down, for SV with QC and LED. A friend of mine is working on an "S" without QC, his quote was $199 per month with zero down (in August, same dealer). Not quite as good a deal because some of the lease parameters have changed, but still it's driving for almost free! Good luck, Marty

Here is a write up for a local dealer. I asked for lease pricing on a 24 month lease. SV model with quick charge port option

Payments with nothing down were $321 according to salesman. The attachment shows payments at $341 so not sure what is going on there. OUCH in my book. I guess Nissan did lower the residual and increase the money factor. Definitely not a deal like some of you got.

30t0tcm.jpg

I had posted a previous 'deal' that a Nissan dealer gave me.

Another dealer quoted me this. This is a 2 year with 15k a year. A three year with 36,000 miles is $23 a month higher he said. I don't have any VPP discount so that adds about $50 a month he stated so that is why I don't get some of the deals that you folks are getting. Hell, I work for Boeing you would think that should get me something.

"No worries,
here is what I can do: SV with LED QC pack and Premium pack
$0 out of pocket
$329/mon
$500 out of pocket
$309/mon

SV with LED QC
$0 out of pocket
$295/mon
$500 out of pocket
$275/mon"

I got an email from Bellevue Nissan yesterday stating that they are including a free level 2 charger with Nissan Leaf leases; probably purchases as well. I was told it had a $1000 value and of course I would have have an electrician or myself install it.

The bad part is that I exchanged about 4 emails with the internet sales manager and I wasn't impressed. He refused to quote me any lease price other than the standard nationwide Leaf lease from Nissan. He gave me some bs about how I have to come down there so they can run credit, and match me up with the right vehicle. I told him exactly what vehicle I wanted and told him he could safely assume Tier 1 credit. He stood behind the alleged fact that they were the largest volume Leaf dealer and that other dealers give out quotes with lots of hidden charges/fees. Note he didn't state that he didn't charge lots of hidden charges/fees.

I finally told him that I don't like to do business with companies that are not transparent.blah blah blah. He pawned me off on somebody else and told me to call that other person.

Free charger or not, I don't plan on doing business with them just given my email exchange and the games that I believe they are playing already.

I hate car dealerships :( If you are willing to give them a second chance I think you should contact Jimmy the new car manager. He'll be receptive to your feedback but more importantly you can just work with him and I think you'll find his straight forward no non sense attitude very refreshing. Let me know if you want more contact info but you should be able to call and ask for him.

Seattle to Snoqualmie Pass
Did anyone ever make this trip on a single charge ?
It says 57.4 miles to QC up on the pass from my house, so with a 100% charge without elevation, this would be easy, even at freeway speeds this time of the year. But the elevation might just make this impossible without significant extra charging.
Unfortunately there wont be any time to charge anywhere in between and since this will be a family trip, so range anxiety will be exponentially magnified.... :(

Back