ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got my first high speed charge. The Burlington site worked perfectly. I went from 53% to 85% in about 15 minutes drawing 8 kw. As expected the battery temp rose one bar above normal.

I called the phone number, she sent the command to the unit which took about a minute for it to receive. I was already plugged in. When the screen prompted me, I pushed the green start button. Then a 30 second chat between the car and the DC3, and hummmmm.... The sweet sound of transformers and high voltage. The screen graphics are very good, simple and straight forward.

The connector mechanism is unique but the instructions are clear and easy to follow.

These chargers are worth the wait. :)

doug401 said:
I finally got my first high speed charge. The Burlington site worked perfectly. I went from 53% to 85% in about 15 minutes drawing 8 kw. As expected the battery temp rose one bar above normal.

I called the phone number, she sent the command to the unit which took about a minute for it to receive. I was already plugged in. When the screen prompted me, I pushed the green start button. Then a 30 second chat between the car and the DC3, and hummmmm.... The sweet sound of transformers and high voltage. The screen graphics are very good, simple and straight forward.

The connector mechanism is unique but the instructions are clear and easy to follow.

These chargers are worth the wait. :)

WTG Doug. did the same with the Tumwater station but no go. the signal was sent by AV, but there was no power to the unit. tech was guessing Comm is hooked up but power is not yet.

anyone try the Centrailia station yet?

Not sure which page you are looking at. When you get your Fob you get an account and access privileges to what looks like a real time updated page on charger availability, it currently shows 7 active DC QC's from my account.

solardude said:
SeattleBlueLeaf said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
anyone try the Centrailia station yet?

It does appear online on the site.
What site? The AV site shows no active chargers in Washington when I try.

Yay, got my fob yesterday :D

I tried it out at the Bellingham QC last night and it worked just fine. Interestingly enough, there were two other Leafs in the in the parking lot. Chatted with one of the owners for a bit while charging, he was surprised that the location was up and running.

DaveinOlyWA said:
If u have not received your email call them. I called today to ask about turnjng on the Tumwater station without the FOB and was told that they were out of FOB s advert were waiting on an order to come in
I emailed them and they called me back. They said that they have my information but had run out of fobs and were waiting on a shipment. As long as I had the rep. on the phone I asked about pricing to use the chargers. I was told that the pricing structure was still being decided but until it is the chargers would be free.

I hope their shipment of fobs comes in soon!

Burlington is too far to reach from Bellevue/Seattle. Especially, with the speed limit at 70 mph. Need another QC in Marysville, perhaps.

Until/if ecotality gets it's act together and fulfills it's promise to provide DC QC's in the metro area, you will need to drive conservatively, in the right lane to get to Burlington and Olympia. I've done many trips to Olympia from Shoreline with bars to spare. heated seats/ steering wheel make a huge difference on range in chilly whether by allowing one to keep the climate control off with foot/defog mode.

IBELEAF said:
Burlington is too far to reach from Bellevue/Seattle. Especially, with the speed limit at 70 mph. Need another QC in Marysville, perhaps.

I've been saying this for months. One good thing is that I was asked by Blink on FB several months ago where stations N of Seattle should be located. I strongly suggested Everett, Marysville, or As a last resort, Arlington or they will be excluding many eastside Leafs from using I-5 North. I guess only time will tell if they listened or if they monitor this forum.

Hmmmm - I should have thought of this a long time ago - perhaps I should have started the thread, "Where to Locate DCQC Stations in Washington State". :)

IBELEAF said:

It looks like I did get an email from AV last week but missed it in my inbox:

Dear XXXX XXXXXX,
Welcome to EVData Network! This is an automated email which contains important information regarding your account!
Please keep this email for future reference.

ACCOUNT INFORMATION

Username: [email protected]
Password: xxxxxxxxxxxx

URL: http://evnet.avinc.com/evportal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you for using the EVData Network

I don't see anything about sending a fob. Is this the same email everyone has been getting or is the missing fob information significant?

DaveinOlyWA said:
Yep, got the same email and FOBs are on backorder...hopefully it wont be too long.we can still call for a remote turn on

But only after the official opening when all locations are online, correct?

DaveinOlyWA said:
Yep, got the same email and FOBs are on backorder...hopefully it wont be too long.we can still call for a remote turn on
Some FOBs were mailed Monday last week. Some are on backorder.
I suspect I have a FOB in the mail, as my account has a card# ID.

Home Page > Subscriber Home > Manage My Cards

Card#:xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx

Mahalo for the heads up on looking up the card number. Mine is there. Does anyone know how to change password on AV account. I can't seem to find a way to change the weird password that AV sent me.

WetEV said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Some FOBs were mailed Monday last week. Some are on backorder.
I suspect I have a FOB in the mail, as my account has a card# ID.

Home Page > Subscriber Home > Manage My Cards

Card#:xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx

I stopped by the Tumwater site on my way into town today. All is still dark. :cry:

Oh well, maybe tomorrow all sites will be activated?

The timing of the west coast green highway ribbon cutting couldn't have fallen on a worse day for getting press, ugh!! has anyone seen it covered in the press/media?

GaslessInSeattle said:
The timing of the west coast green highway ribbon cutting couldn't have fallen on a worse day for getting press, ugh!! has anyone seen it covered in the press/media?

If it bleeds it leads...

I didn't see any TV reports, and the Governor was a no show. Some local papers have articles but that's about it.

My only question is... the talk is about 2 more chargers going in within a few weeks. We know about Kelso, but where is the unknown tenth charger going. Are they referring to the Seattle Blink charger?

I was hoping that all of the DC QCs that AV installed would become active today but alas, the Tumwater station is still dark. :cry:

Any word as to when they plan to open these stations?

Back