I'm Back!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottysize

Short Story:
Got a new 2015 Leaf!

Long Story:
We leased one of the first ones off the ship in 2011. At the time wifey was working 35 miles from the house and the Leaf barely made it to work and home before running out of juice. Then wifey changed jobs and started working 65 miles from home, so the Leaf just sat in the garage. The lease ran out in 2014, so we let it go back to Nissan. Last year wifey found a job 12 miles from home. At the time I had picked up a BMW X5 thinking she'd love the ultimate driving experience. Apparently she did not. She mentioned several times that she'd like to have another Leaf one day, well, last Tuesday I made that happen. Her birthday is this month, but I got her gift early. This is what she came home to Tuesday evening:

(Please ignore my messy garage.)

Needless to say, she was both shocked and surprised.

Valdemar said:
My wife would have probably filed for divorce if she got a Leaf for her birthday ;)

My wife was asking for a Leaf when I was still considering a 2nd Prius. Eventually the used Leafs became cheaper than a used Prius so I got a Leaf.

Cheap or not my wife would be happy if I bought another leaf for her.

If there is ever a Leaf convertible off the shelf (not custom), wife wants one.

Until then, she just borrows mine. Thursdays.

Although my wife does drive our LEAF, she wanted a smart cabrio so that's her car ... it's great that you already had your EVSE in the garage due to the leased LEAF once using it so saved you a few bucks -- Congrats!

Also, one last note on your X5; our trip (and comfort, utility and bad weather) car is a similarly sized VW Touareg; it's a '13 that is coming up on 3 years old; the wife loves to ride in it but has NEVER driven it and doesn't plan to -- she loves it but would not have gone over well as a birthday present; not to say that we don't see women driving around in SUV's but I can see where you went wrong

Wifey doesn't like driving anything bigger than a Prius, and I HATE Priuses (Prius's, Priui?) Either way, they suck. She loves the Leaf. She was pissed because I took it back Monday to get the seats redone in leather. We get it back today, so she'll be happy again tomorrow.

Back