Insignificant News Flash - i meets Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for the OP: does the "i" have an 80% charge mode like the Leaf at all? Or does Mitsubishi let owners charge to 100% without saying anything?

Quixotix said:
edatoakrun said:
Does Mitsubishi have any plans to install (any more- I know about the one at SOCAL HQ) DC chargers, at their dealers or elsewhere?

And if so, will they let us use them?

Not all Mitsubishi dealers will be selling the "i". But, Mitsubishi does require any of their dealers that want to sell the "i" to make special preparations for taking care of them. I assume this includes having access to a charging station.

BUT, in my case, the Mitsubishi dealer I bought from is really just a small satellite of their Nissan dealership one block away. I think they are handling all their i-MiEV needs (including charging) at the Nissan location which was already set up for the Leaf.

I wouldn't assume that a Mitsubishi dealer will have a charging station.

I was wondering about "fast" (DC/L3/CHAdeMO) charge stations, not the "slow" AC/L2 ones, that all US Nissan dealers (so far) have seen fit to install.

Have you had the chance to use your CHAdeMO port yet?

7 months since delivery, and in North California, I'm still waiting...

FairwoodRed said:
It wasn’t quite roomy enough, or comfortable enough. Probably the largest detriment was not enough horsepower, because I like to drive fast.

All in all, it was an acceptable car, but the Leaf suited me better.
LEAF suits me better too. But my strongest impressions of an "i" test drive at the tour were positive. Though it's not as roomy as my LEAF, it has a lot more room than it looks like from the outside. You'd give up back seat room and a lot of cargo room, but the "i" would be a lot easier to park if you lived in a city center. As for power, it felt to me like my LEAF in "Eco" mode where I normally drive, and like my former Toyota Prius, so no complaints.

My biggest positive is that Mitsubishi is still the only organization that operates a quick charge station in California! Nissan, the US DOE, the California government, the EV Project, Ecotality, Walgreens, evGo, EVOasis, all talk about quick charging but thus far have produced nothing beyond press releases. Mitsubishi has one in operation, open to all EV's.

walterbays said:
FairwoodRed said:
It wasn’t quite roomy enough, or comfortable enough. Probably the largest detriment was not enough horsepower, because I like to drive fast.

LEAF suits me better too. But my strongest impressions of an "i" test drive at the tour were positive. Though it's not as roomy as my LEAF, it has a lot more room than it looks like from the outside. You'd give up back seat room and a lot of cargo room, but the "i" would be a lot easier to park if you lived in a city center. <snip rest>
True, although widespread adoption of EV city cars requires widespread availability of either workplace or curbside charging infrastructure. If you have to park on the street, as 30-60% of urban dwellers do, then you need to have curbside chargers in residential neighborhoods or be able to charge during the day. Until then, EV city cars are just a great idea that won't work for most city dwellers.

walterbays said:
FairwoodRed said:

LEAF suits me better too. But my strongest impressions of an "i" test drive at the tour were positive. Though it's not as roomy as my LEAF, it has a lot more room than it looks like from the outside. You'd give up back seat room and a lot of cargo room, but the "i" would be a lot easier to park if you lived in a city center. As for power, it felt to me like my LEAF in "Eco" mode where I normally drive, and like my former Toyota Prius, so no complaints.

My biggest positive is that Mitsubishi is still the only organization that operates a quick charge station in California! Nissan, the US DOE, the California government, the EV Project, Ecotality, Walgreens, evGo, EVOasis, all talk about quick charging but thus far have produced nothing beyond press releases. Mitsubishi has one in operation, open to all EV's.

Don't forget BP's promise to install 45 quick charging stations after the Gulf oil spill.... :roll:

http://www.plugincars.com/bp-and-arco-install-45-electric-car-fast-charging-stations-part-ev-project-91336.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back