Is this a good deal

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geareffect

This is an offer for a pearl white SV, with LED/QC package ($1630).
Lease for 36 months.
State: South Carolina

$2749 drive off cost, includes $2000 down payment, all other fees/taxes/tag, first months payment.
$296 a month.

$350 disposition fee at the end.

Seems kind of high to me. The total cost for 3 years is $13,100 or $4370 per year.
Thinking about a counter offer, what do you suggest?

Thanks.

DanCar said:
Have them match these deals: http://www.boardwalknissan.com/specials/new.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow, that seems like extremely good deal. $99? If you add $45/month for the package and taxes, what would it be, $160-170? Is this something special to CA, or is anyone in other states (I'm in SC) also getting such deals?

I always hear about good deals on Leafs in CA. I've never heard of states near me (OH, KY, IN) offering anything near those.

Would any dealers not on the West Coast drop to those kinda levels by bringing these up?

I often travel for work not too far away from Boardwalk Nissan. About a month ago I stopped by the dealership while on a jog, saw some unoccupied salesmen, and asked them about shipping LEAFs out of state. They claim they do it all the time and on leases as well.

I successfully shipped my second LEAF from TX to CO when I bought it with no trouble ... it really isn't a complicated process. In many cases you can save so much buying/leasing from an out-of-state dealer that it more than pays for the shipping cost. That's going to be a challenge cross-country, so it probably doesn't make sense for an east coast lease from CA. However, what you can do is go online to autotrader.com or cars.com and find dealers in nearby states who seem to be moving a lot of LEAFs. Go to their web sites and send an email asking them what kind of deal they can work for out-of-staters.

I was offered a SV for $2K down $199/mth.

Very tempting but I can;t give up the ICE due to commuting 60Miles/day and here in VT the winters are cold and dark.

Try the dealer again and start talking about how the Volt outsold the LEAF last month.

DanCar said:
Have them match these deals: http://www.boardwalknissan.com/specials/new.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dancar___

WOW! 35 LEAFs and some of them plain jane S.

Living in VT has some advantages but we are lucky if a dealer has three LEAFs on the lot and only one dealer in the state has them!!

Back