JD Power Survey

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wsbca

Anybody else get a multi-page JD Power initial quality survey yet? Haven't filled it out yet but I did buy a cookie today with the dollar bill they included, which increased my satisfaction slightly. What should I put in the two digit box for MPG?

It was in the mail yesterday. I typically don't fill them out but I've been thinking about doing it this time because I really care about the LEAF. I wonder who they get to starch those dollar bills? They feel too good to spend!

I got mine....filled out the survey on line and then today, received another one about the car from someone else. They're breeding like cockroaches!!

The online one was from a different company but had the same questions. Completing it entered me into a drawing for one of fifty cash cards. At first read, it sounded like they had fifty card to give away for LEAFer's only. That would be great odds. Then the survey made it clear it was for all the entries, whatever model.

I entered 99 for the mpg number. Maybe I'll keep the dollar bill in the car as a JD Power reminder for this car.

I filled out the JD Power one too. But I didn't know that you could do it online. It took forever! Hardly worth the dollar. I also did one online for Maritz. That one took forever too, but there are those cash prizes...

The dollar is just there to make you feel a social responsibility to reciprocate (fill out the survey). Same idea as when someone hands you a flower in the airport, then asks for a donation.

BTW, I got a follow-up email from JD Powers, asking me to participate in another survey (this one online). I figured "why not".

This one was more about why I chose the LEAF. And (I guess) when my answers started to lean towards environmental reasons, it turned into how I would feel about buying from other manufacturers IF they had/developed green cred and what I felt would help the ones without said cred improve their green image.

Yeah, I got it too. This makes the fourth survey I have received!

wsbca said:
Anybody else get a multi-page JD Power initial quality survey yet? Haven't filled it out yet but I did buy a cookie today with the dollar bill they included, which increased my satisfaction slightly. What should I put in the two digit box for MPG?

mogur said:
Yeah, I got it too. This makes the fourth survey I have received!

wsbca said:

Yes, I got that too. Am still considering how to spend the dollar. I'll post back here when I decide. :lol:

Just finished the online one from RDA group, and entered 99 for mpg.

I must be too slow to open my mail or something.. every survey is "full" by the time I log in.

The dollars are so new and crisp.. must be an interesting mailroom at JD Powers.

Alright, so I got the JD Power New Vehicle Quality Survey in the mail today. I found some of the questions/selections amusing, like identifying the transmission type, engine/transmission problems (eg, "engine cranks too long before starting", "excessive oil consumption", "exhaust system problem", etc.) or other exterior issues, such as "fuel cap hard to open". :D

Well, I also got the $1 and a JD Power survey. Must be the next wave. I am really happy with my LEAF after over a year. Need to go to a dealer for the one year battery check up... Then I will mail it in... :)

You guys must have the "West Coast" survey.
I got a $1 coin !!!
Woo hoo.
What did you put for type of transmission?
None wasn't listed as an option?
Come to think of it, none wasn't listed as an option for engine type either.

Another one of these just came in the mail. There's been some definite tailoring to recent events.

Here's a sample:

What are your top 3 concerns about your electric vehicle? "1" will indicate the top concern, "2" will indicate the next-top concern, etc.

Degrading battery lifetime due to hot climate
Safety of battery pack
Overall cost of ownership
Lifespan of the battery pack
Vehicle's driving range
Unable to heat vehicle quickly on electric battery
Untested technology
Availability of charging sites to plug in
Price of electricity
Resale value
Uniqueness of body style
Maintenance costs
Reduced range when running accessories (e.g., air conditioning)
Reliability/dependability of the battery pack
Performance/acceleration
Efficiency in cold climates
Vehicle performance
Disposal/recyclability of the battery pack
Vehicle size too small
Cost to replace the battery pack
Availability of facilities that service electric vehicles
Time it takes to charge battery pack

Why is Nissan bothering? They already have all the answers to just about everything there is to know how to fix that Leaf to make it a killer car. The big stuff and the little stuff.

Like that stupid blutooth phone ap that cannot recognize the phone that has entered the vehicle, and leaves a blank spot if you remove one of the phones from its memory...

I am keeping the buck.

Nissan, if you're really looking for a feedback, read MNL, eh?

Are you kidding around or did it really arrive as below? The reason why I ask is one of the most important things about getting key information from a survey is sometimes avoiding any awareness on the part of your survey subject to what is really being surveyed. While it's not usually that hard, there is at least some effective cloaking of the true questions for effectiveness....?

The list below seems a bit skewed, or is it just me who still really loves this car and set up?

sparky said:
Another one of these just came in the mail. There's been some definite tailoring to recent events.

Here's a sample:

What are your top 3 concerns about your electric vehicle? "1" will indicate the top concern, "2" will indicate the next-top concern, etc.

Degrading battery lifetime due to hot climate
Safety of battery pack
Overall cost of ownership
Lifespan of the battery pack
Vehicle's driving range
Unable to heat vehicle quickly on electric battery
Untested technology
Availability of charging sites to plug in
Price of electricity
Resale value
Uniqueness of body style
Maintenance costs
Reduced range when running accessories (e.g., air conditioning)
Reliability/dependability of the battery pack
Performance/acceleration
Efficiency in cold climates
Vehicle performance
Disposal/recyclability of the battery pack
Vehicle size too small
Cost to replace the battery pack
Availability of facilities that service electric vehicles
Time it takes to charge battery pack

Back