Joke Thread That Means Nothing :)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wantonsoup said:
grommet said:
What was the point of starting this thread again? :?: :lol:
Tell me about it :mrgreen:

I heard that the 2013 is going to have a special clear coat that will allow the wind to travel through the car creating a positive bubble behind the car to give you a push. The faster you go the less energy you use.

It'll, also, have a small wind turbine under the hood and an open front grill so that the wind can pass through like on an ICE car. This way the wind from driving can recharge the battery as you drive, kind of like regenerative braking.

The solar panels on the roof are going to be stretched to encompass the entire roof as well, so that the panels will add to the wind turbine and create a neutral situation when you drive on the highway, but only if your car has the fresh clear coat. If your clear coat starts to wear off you may have to hypermile a little to achieve the same affect.

I hope that people understand this is sarcams. :oops:

ztanos said:
If your clear coat starts to wear off you may have to hypermile a little to achieve the same affect.

You forgot to mention that purchasers of the 2013 LEAF will have to sign an acknowledgement that clear coat wear is to be expected and that wear of the clear cost is not covered by the corrosion warranty.

And that those in hot climates can expect much faster wear of the clearcoat, which is normal...

JPWhite said:
You forgot to mention that purchasers of the 2013 LEAF will have to sign an acknowledgement that clear coat wear is to be expected and that wear of the clear cost is not covered by the corrosion warranty.

TomT said:
And that those in hot climates can expect much faster wear of the clearcoat, which is normal...

Some LEAF owners have reported that should it be necessary to remove and replace the clear coat in order for a body shop to repair the car, the cost from the Dealer to the body shop is as much as $3,800. Nissan have not publish a replacement cost for the clear coat should it require total replacement outside of the corrosion warranty.

LTLFTcomposite said:
I heard that electric cars are powered by coal and produce more pollution than gas cars.
And their batteries are going to end up in land fills causing even more pollution. Also mining for lithium causes nothing to grow for a 100 mile radius around the mine.

Maybe they get rid of lithium in that case, it reacts violently with water. I lost so much sleep over fact that I drive my family sitting on something that could catch fire so easily.

Meanwhile in Ireland http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/1202/1224308474582.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please do not attempt to drink your high-voltage battery.

September said:
Maybe they get rid of lithium in that case, it reacts violently with water. I lost so much sleep over fact that I drive my family sitting on something that could catch fire so easily.

Meanwhile in Ireland http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/1202/1224308474582.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please do not attempt to drink your high-voltage battery.

OH GOD!!!! Now I can't drive the LEAF in the rain!!!! :eek:

I hear you will have to push on OK Button on the key fob before the 2013 leaf will allow you to open the door. I am excited about this.

Seriously, this was a decent thread before it went off the deep end. Nissan has not guaranteed the 2013 options but they have stated again and again that they are planning to have leather, a the 6.6 kwh charger option and a more efficient heater. You never know for 100% sure though until you can buy it and take it home.

EVDrive said:
I hear you will have to push on OK Button on the key fob before the 2013 leaf will allow you to open the door. I am excited about this.

Seriously, this was a decent thread before it went off the deep end. Nissan has not guaranteed the 2013 options but they have stated again and again that they are planning to have leather, a the 6.6 kwh charger option and a more efficient heater. You never know for 100% sure though until you can buy it and take it home.

I want to know dang it. :p I want to order mine now. My car will only make it to December so I have to have it before then and I really really want the 2013.

Back