Just picked ours up as well

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkeys

We just picked up ours at Boardwalk Nissan, Blue SL w/Level 3 charger plus floormats. Everything went smoothly but still trying to learn the car. My most recent car is a 2001 base CRV so this thing has many more options than I've ever had to deal with. Love the car so far, wife says it is like driving a Disney ride.

pkeys said:
We just picked up ours at Boardwalk Nissan, Blue SL w/Level 3 charger plus floormats. Everything went smoothly but still trying to learn the car. My most recent car is a 2001 base CRV so this thing has many more options than I've ever had to deal with. Love the car so far, wife says it is like driving a Disney ride.
Congratulations! Give yourself a few days of "marveling" over the car before you really dig into it. It seems to me like it drove completely different from the test drive we did back in October. And feel free to join us for the SF BayLEAF's Gathering #5 next Saturday in Cupertino. Details in Local/Regional Discussions.

gascant said:
It seems to me like it drove completely different from the test drive we did back in October.
Interesting comment above. I found the test drive and real drive experience to be very similar for me. What were the big differences you felt between your test drive and real drive experience?

pkeys said:

I am completely relating to you. I too went from a 2001 CR-V which I loved that car dearly, just wished it were 100% electric. Going to miss the all wheel drive. However, I love my Leaf and my husband calls it the toy car. He always asked me where did I hide the remote control box so he can play with it in the driveway. Ha ha.

mpm3710 said:
I am completely relating to you. I too went from a 2001 CR-V which I loved that car dearly, just wished it were 100% electric.

I also came from a 2001 Honda CRV that I was very happy with . . . .until I got my Leaf. Now, not so much. ;)

pkeys said:
We just picked up ours at Boardwalk Nissan...this thing has many more options than I've ever had to deal with.
Ours was the other Boardwalk delivery on Saturday; they had at least 5 on Friday to coincide with the CA tax reduction and, according to their website, have about 20 more on the lot. Sold one recently for about 42K and have another orphan for the same price. Looks like they're having no trouble getting whatever they ask for these puppies; seems people are serious about getting into the carpool lane.

Now the real learning process begins, so let's see how much of what I've read here on MNL the past year has actually sunk in. Gotta go read another chapter and push some more buttons...

Glenn

stanley said:
Glenn, I see that you finally received you Leaf. What took so long?
The car got to Boardwalk the previous week, but after the rebates ran out. The purchaser was out of town for several days, so we just decided to wait the extra four or five days to take advantage of the tax situation.

Thanks for all your help in moving this along, Stanley, though who knows any more when cars would have arrived without "squeaky-wheeling!"

Glenn

Glenn said:
stanley said:
Glenn, I see that you finally received you Leaf. What took so long?
The car got to Boardwalk the previous week, but after the rebates ran out. The purchaser was out of town for several days, so we just decided to wait the extra four or five days to take advantage of the tax situation.

Thanks for all your help in moving this along, Stanley, though who knows any more when cars would have arrived without "squeaky-wheeling!"

Glenn
Congratulations Glenn!! Glad to see you have finally gotten your car--that was quite the odyssey for you. Will be most curious to hear your feedback and experiences.

Volusiano said:
gascant said:
It seems to me like it drove completely different from the test drive we did back in October.
Interesting comment above. I found the test drive and real drive experience to be very similar for me. What were the big differences you felt between your test drive and real drive experience?
I felt like the demo drive was sluggish--even though it said I was in D, it felt like ECO. I don't remember being able to zip through my 7 minutes in downtown San Jose like I do on city streets now. Or it may have been that I was on such a high just being behind the wheel that I was oblivious to everything. :lol:

Back