Last Week before End of 5 year period - Any options?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kirkhilles said:
joeriv said:
The out-of-warranty program has been discontinued, according to others who have tried. Give them a call and see what the response is.

That's what the response I got from chatting with them, although I wasn't surprised as I didn't think there was ever an official out-of-warranty plan other than that monthly charge option they had awhile back.

Is there a thread of recent attempts?

Nissan "Out-of-Warranty" support for battery pack degradation

At 43.8Ahr you are awfully close, but the highest I've seen of 85 reports (see my .sig) was 43.56Ahr. Mine dropped at 43.50. It behaved a little oddly in the weeks prior, bouncing up and down around 43.5. Do you have a graph of your stats since you bought it?

If it expires on Sunday... I dunno. Hope it gets hot in TN, I guess. I Probably would not quick charge at this point, as that tends to raise the numbers at least temporarily.

I think I may have heard of someone who brought their car into a dealer for a "battery check" near the threshold and the dealer agreed to more or less hang onto it "under service," charged up, until the bar disappeared under the dealer's care. I don't know how the warranty would apply in that case, or if there are many such "compliant" dealers out there. :)

63% is your target.

full charge is 97%.

first bar 15%
11-10-9 bars @ 6¼% each

all that deducts to 63.25% if you started with 67 ahr you are looking at 42.38.... more or less :)

Back