Leaf 2016 wont start.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started the car up so I could warm up the interior and thaw out the windows while it was plugged in.
Is this possible? i hope the car would not go to READY when it is plugged in to charge, otherwise someone will drive and pull the EVSE off the wall.

Is this possible? i hope the car would not go to READY when it is plugged in to charge, otherwise someone will drive and pull the EVSE off the wall.
So I I have rethought this, I now understand that the 12 volt battery only charges when it is in the charge mode(plugged in) or when it is in ready mode. So when I am plugged into the charger and I turn on the car to warm it up it is not in ready mode and the charger is not charging, so the 12 volt battery is running on reserve battery power. So effectively I am killing the 12 volt battery. Why can't the DC/DC converter be always hooked to the main battery thus keeping it up to charge regardless of whether the main battery is charging or not?

Last edited:
The 30 ohm resistors are suppose to be in today at the dealership what they are doing is they are going to parallel two 30 ohm 40 watt resistors togeather so that the wattage is 80 watts, chances are nissan did not take into account that the battery voltage drops in the cold which increases the current.
if you parrallel 2 30 ohm resistors it becomes 15 ohms

I corrected that comment, to 2 sets in parallel of 2 in series (4 resistors) making 80 watts, but it did not work because there was not enough physical room to do this. So I now have 3 extra 33 ohm 40 watt resistors. So if any body needs spares?

Back