LEAF advisory group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evchels said:
jrreno said:
Will there be an announcement of a comprehensive list of locations?

1) @DaveinOlyWa, step away from the tiny keyboard. :)

2) Jeez, I hope so (have just asked for the latest news on this)- and more specifically, that the community can help weigh in on which ones are chosen.

its the stupid space bar. its the biggest key on the phone and lulls me into a sense of complacency. the other thing is me being old, I have print set to "HUGE" and can only see the last 4-5 letters typed so normally what I can see looks ok... :?

Nubo said:
thankyouOB said:
we are <10 days away from spring. When do we get the "spring" announcement of battery replacement/install fees?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_solstice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

witches revere the quarter days; solstices and equinoxes.

i bet there is no word from Nissan before the cross quarter day.

evchels said:
This group is not being convened specifically to address the Arizona battery issue in any specific sense (though certainly it can have some relevant impact in the grand scheme.) It was conceived to help Nissan learn how to better communicate and engage with the EV community, both current drivers and potential ones. To "hold up a mirror", as they describe it. Beyond that, they're pretty open-minded on the group's focus.
Better communication would be good.

Anytime you are ready Nissan, go ahead and start, we customers are listening.

^^^
An example would be putting up a list somewhere of the 500 extra QC stations mentioned at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; so we can see the progress, locations and the status of planned locations.

I'm sure folks want to hear what's up w/topics like the GE Wattstation blowing OBC issues (and the firmware upgrades that should fix that), maybe a warranty extension on the OBC since it seems pricey (http://www.nissanassist.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has examples for other cars and items), the battery capacity gauge update, and of course, someone's favorite topic: battery replacement price.

cwerdna said:
^^^
An example would be putting up a list somewhere of the 500 extra QC stations mentioned at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; so we can see the progress, locations and the status of planned locations.

I'm sure folks want to hear what's up w/topics like the GE Wattstation blowing OBC issues (and the firmware upgrades that should fix that), maybe a warranty extension on the OBC since it seems pricey (http://www.nissanassist.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has examples for other cars and items), the battery capacity gauge update, and of course, someone's favorite topic: battery replacement price.

I am betting the list is not up yet because Nissan does not know who will get one yet...at least not all of them.

DaveinOlyWA said:
I am betting the list is not up yet because Nissan does not know who will get one yet...at least not all of them.
I understand the idea of not making promises one can't keep so it's fine to not post all 500 now.

At least a list of the ones that have been added and operational along w/ones where construction has begun would be nice.

cwerdna said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
I understand the idea of not making promises one can't keep so it's fine to not post all 500 now.

At least a list of the ones that have been added and operational along w/ones where construction has begun would be nice.

i am expecting such an announcement and Earth Day is just around the corner. I think Nissan is a bit disappointed though. probably wanted a much bigger list by now

DaveinOlyWA said:
cwerdna said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

i am expecting such an announcement and Earth Day is just around the corner. I think Nissan is a bit disappointed though. probably wanted a much bigger list by now

I don't think any planned announcement is imminent, but they are working on it and it is high profile for the company. I know there are difficulties, myself being in this very business (I'm currently CTO of EVOasis, with one running unit in San Juan Capistrano, California and many more in the works).

The reality is that forum readers know where many are already installed and operating from this very forum. I will say that it wasn't wise for Nissan to imply that in 90 days we'd have oodles of chargers. There were and are too many variables COMPLETELY out of their control, like getting dealers to actually accept them (same problem Blink has with $100 million dedicated to putting in chargers).

The other is regulatory (permits, handicap access, etc) and power issues like demand fees and available power on site. Not every dealer has 480 volt three phase, and the "free" Sumitomo unit requires it.

So, everybody here wants communication, and I hope I'm communicating, but there is no public list yet of installed chargers, nor pending chargers. Sorry. People at Nissan are working very hard to make this happen though. I personally have been lobbying dealers to install them, even though it will compete directly with me!!!

Tony Williams
Nissan LEAF Advisory Board

downeykp said:
thankyouOB said:
have the heard news about the battery replacement cost? or when it will be news?

Out of sight, out of mind.

I don't allow it to be out of mind for them, but no news either.

Same w the advisory board. The group exists, but still prodding Nissan to make more and better use of it.

Thank you advisory group (evchels & DaveinOlyWA) for providing at least a bit of clarity to Nissan's pathetically communicated battery rental program.

TimLee said:
Thank you advisory group (evchels & DaveinOlyWA) for providing at least a bit of clarity to Nissan's pathetically communicated battery rental program.

not much clarity when we only got a bare bones outline of their intentions. Only points that seem set are

** Leased battery will be 12 bar.
** Lease term is for life of car or when sold/traded/etc.
** Leased battery replaced with 9th bar disappears
** No time limit, mileage limit or degradation limit to enter lease program.
** Leased battery will be as good or better than OEM battery based on a continuous process to improve heat tolerance while maintaining cycle life.

other than that, that is it. they threw out a $100 price but I think only to give us a general reference. there is no mention of lease termination fees, mileage allowances, any tiered rate structures, whether the $100 price is the average price, starting price or even the ONLY price.

without knowing any of those #'s, its really impossible to know whether its a good deal. For some, it will be, for others, it wont be. As for me? the "cant replace it until it hits 8 bars" clause makes it non workable for me at least considering the current state of public charging options (and i have more than most!)

DaveinOlyWA said:
TimLee said:

not much clarity when we only got a bare bones outline of their intentions. Only points that seem set are

** Leased battery will be 12 bar.
** Lease term is for life of car or when sold/traded/etc.
** Leased battery replaced with 9th bar disappears
** No time limit, mileage limit or degradation limit to enter lease program.
** Leased battery will be as good or better than OEM battery based on a continuous process to improve heat tolerance while maintaining cycle life.

other than that, that is it. they threw out a $100 price but I think only to give us a general reference. there is no mention of lease termination fees, mileage allowances, any tiered rate structures, whether the $100 price is the average price, starting price or even the ONLY price.

without knowing any of those #'s, its really impossible to know whether its a good deal. For some, it will be, for others, it wont be. As for me? the "cant replace it until it hits 8 bars" clause makes it non workable for me at least considering the current state of public charging options (and i have more than most!)

If Nissan are able to offer bigger range batteries in the future, the 9 bar replacement clause may not be as bad as it seems with today's technology. Of course there are NO guarantees a bigger range pack due to better batteries or more batteries will ever be made available. If they can they will I suppose.

Back