Leaf Plus EVSE -- what's supposed to be in the bag?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffInCO

I just traded in my 2015 SV for a 2019 Plus SL... and took a peek in the EVSE bag this morning. I found the following:

* The cable itself, with the NEMA 14-50 plug on one end and the J1772 plug on the other
* A bag of 4 wood screws
* An instruction sheet for mounting the EVSE holder, with the four wood screws.

But there was no EVSE holder. I would assume it should have been there, given that I got the screws?

Is there supposed to be any included adapter to plug the EVSE into a regular 120V outlet (for L1 charging)?

Anything else?

Thanks,

Jeff

Our Plus S came with the holder AND an adaptor, on the charge cable, adapting it to a 120V plug. With adaptor, charge at 120V, remove the adaptor, charge L2. However, the holder is stupid and does not hold the J1772 end...

I use a mounted water hose holder in my garage to wrap the cord around. IT works pretty well. As the Leaf is a nose enabled charge outlet, I only need about 4 feet of cord from the 50 Amp outlet.

Thanks for the replies.

Looks like someone removed the holder and adapter from my bag. The "holder" that I'm referring to holds the EVSE brick with the status LED's, etc, so it is not hanging and pulling on the plug.

I'll call the dealer; hopefully they'll make it right.

Jeff

Back