Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wonder what, if any, 'buy backs' offers they will have for the cars sold in 2015?

I await May 2018 with interest. Hopefully there should be some EV competition out by then.

sunil said:
My 2013 lease is up at the end of November. Last month Nissan sent me a letter for "4500 discount on buyback: - that would put my 3-year old SV at almost exactly 10K (buyback amount will be13900 as of Dec-1, so today it will be around 14.5K; subtract the 4500 Nissan offered). I have been considering that.

But now I see a "new 2016 SV" going for 18K from a recent poster. 18K new vs 10K for by 2013 - hmmmm, the new one sounds better because of the increased range.

Well, maybe I will get lucky and Nissan's September lease buyback discount will be at 6K discount - I guess I will have to call them and find out (or if somebody knows already, please post - I have heard nightmares of very long hold times when trying to call...).
New, also has 25% increase in batt/range, and 8 yr/100k mi capacity warranty...

I've been trying to get folks in Denver to match the $25.5k OTD on a '16 SV, but they all seem to want to add taxes+fees to that number.

Let's assume I can get someone down to $25.5K OTD. Does this really mean I'll be getting the car for around $12.5K after $6K CO rebate and $7.5K federal? Luckily the CO rebate is fully refundable, and I pay enough taxes to realize the $7.5k in one year.

$12.5k for a 100+ mile EV with a great warranty and plenty of niceties sounds almost too good to be true. Am I missing something? I used to lease a '13 Leaf and the ONLY thing I didn't love about it was the range - I needed about 15-20% more and it looks like this is just the ticket.

eatsleafsandshoots said:
I've been trying to get folks in Denver to match the $25.5k OTD on a '16 SV, but they all seem to want to add taxes+fees to that number.

Seeing that Colorado has at least $1.5K of sales taxes that you are going to be hit with OTD that PA doesn't have, that's not going to be likely in the near term.

remarquian said:
eatsleafsandshoots said:

Seeing that Colorado has at least $1.5K of sales taxes that you are going to be hit with OTD that PA doesn't have, that's not going to be likely in the near term.

Think I could get a better price by waiting? The CO rebate decreases to $5k from $6k in 2017, so that's something to consider too.

eatsleafsandshoots said:

Let's assume I can get someone down to $25.5K OTD. Does this really mean I'll be getting the car for around $12.5K after $6K CO rebate and $7.5K federal? Luckily the CO rebate is fully refundable, and I pay enough taxes to realize the $7.5k in one year.

$12.5k for a 100+ mile EV with a great warranty and plenty of niceties sounds almost too good to be true. Am I missing something? I used to lease a '13 Leaf and the ONLY thing I didn't love about it was the range - I needed about 15-20% more and it looks like this is just the ticket.

What Denver area dealership(s) have you been getting prices from? I did some preliminary Leaf shopping at Tynan's (Aurora) and Boulder Nissan. I liked Boulder Nissan better, though it is a farther drive from our home (we live in Aurora). We are considering a new Leaf or a new Volt when our current Volt lease expires in a couple of months.

eatsleafsandshoots said:
Think I could get a better price by waiting? The CO rebate decreases to $5k from $6k in 2017, so that's something to consider too.

You might get a better deal closer to the Bolt becoming available, and you are right, I wouldn't wait till past October.

coloradotim said:
What Denver area dealership(s) have you been getting prices from? I did some preliminary Leaf shopping at Tynan's (Aurora) and Boulder Nissan. I liked Boulder Nissan better, though it is a farther drive from our home (we live in Aurora). We are considering a new Leaf or a new Volt when our current Volt lease expires in a couple of months.

Tynan's Aurora / Ft Collins has a huge inventory ~100 of Leafs or so, you'd think they'd be pretty aggressive, but despite me test driving there, and wanting to buy there [as it is close to me], I never really could get the Aurora dealership to answer my emails.

The best deal I could find, at the time, was @ Greeley Nissan. You might want to check them out.

Any good deals in phoenix for 2016 SV's ? , looks like about nine new 2016 SV's available in phoenix .

eatsleafsandshoots said:
... I pay enough taxes to realize the $7.5k in one year. ...
Mute point for you, but to clarify the federal tax credit has to be taken in one year.
For return on year you purchase.
There is no carryover provision.

azguy said:
Any good deals in phoenix for 2016 SV's ? , looks like about nine new 2016 SV's available in phoenix .

I haven't seen any numbers from Phoenix in a while. I'd suggest hitting up Autonation Tempe and Autonation Chandler to find out what they are smoking. :) Do share what you find out.

One of the phoenix dealer offering 2016 SV + Premium package for $26,000 . I think i can do better . May be i should wait for 2017 40KW battery .

Northern Virginia 2016 Leaf SL Premium Lease:

MSRP: $39,580

They offered $2K Down + fees, $397/mo, 36 months, no 3 yr maint

Got down to $1600 out of pocket, $300/mo, 36 months, with 3 yr maint

NMAC "Lease Cash": $13,625
Residual: $12,665

Needed a second car while waiting for my Model 3. Considering VA doesn't have any incentives above the Federal $7,500, I am reasonably happy with this.

Doing some research and came across these prices. Could these be real?

http://www.quirknissan.com/new-vehicles/leaf/new-nissan-leaf-lease-offers-and-best-prices-near-boston-ma/

This is a 24month lease offer:
$39/mo with $2,999 down
or
$149/mo with 0-down

I live in CA. Even if try to price-match I am not sure if I will qualify for $2,500 CA rebate. Perhaps the dealer or the lessor is picking up the equivalent rebate benefit for MA. In that case this is worse than the 3-year lease deal

However, if one can flatly negotiate a $149/mo (or less) with o-down lease offer for 3-years then then it will be a sweat deal.

As the year comes to an end and Chevy volt 2017 becomes a reality, Nissan is under pressure to discount 2016 Leaf.

shop2order said:
This is a 24month lease offer:
$39/mo with $2,999 down
or
$149/mo with 0-down

I live in CA. Even if try to price-match I am not sure if I will qualify for $2,500 CA rebate. Perhaps the dealer or the lessor is picking up the equivalent rebate benefit for MA. In that case this is worse than the 3-year lease deal

However, if one can flatly negotiate a $149/mo (or less) with o-down lease offer for 3-years then then it will be a sweat deal.

As the year comes to an end and Chevy volt 2017 becomes a reality, Nissan is under pressure to discount 2016 Leaf.

can you tell us where exactly are you getting this offer ?
I'd like to go for 30 mos lease to get $2500 cashback from CA

The deal was posted by member Foschas for Quincy, MA area.
The lease details are available if you check the link provide by Foschas

shop2order said:
The deal was posted by member Foschas for Quincy, MA area.
The lease details are available if you check the link provide by Foschas

OK, got it... my mistake.. I mis read, you already have CA quotes...

Back