Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since there is no mention of Premium Package, aka "premium," I assume that this is a Base SV. Those are harder for dealers to sell, so there may be room for bargaining.

As I mentioned in another thread, my lease on my '15 S, with QC, is about to expire in September (30,000 miles). What are the biggest discount off of residual that folks are getting? Have folks tried to negotiate even more aggressively to get even more off the price?

With Nissan repurposing used batteries in home storage solutions, I wonder what they are going to do with all of these chassis?

A friend of mine bought a '15 last year for $20K ($30k less $10K in dealer incentives/rebates) less the $10 in federal and state incentives = $10,000 net - which is insane.

But my purchase price would have to reflect that kind of a smoking deal on a brand new one.

I just got email from Tynan's Nissan in Ft Collins&Denver. They are taking like $9,000 (including NMAC cash) off of their new Leafs' MSRP.

This drops the overall price of the S down to about $10K, the SV to $12K ; and the SL to $15.5K for Coloradoans accounting for the $13,500 one gets in tax credits, but not including tax and title.

If their online inventory is to be believed, they are sitting on 120 of them or like 12% of the number that were sold last month in the US.

Just before the 4th of July, we purchased our new base Leaf SV for $26,100 with the 0% for 72 months, no money down. This of course included NMAC credit. MSRP was 35k. We qualify for the full Fed and CA state credit. So counting all of the credits, its a $16K new EV car. I suspect prices will continue to fall as we come closer to the BOLT delivery to market. So far, it's working out well for us.

My leaf lease is expiring soon so I'm in market to lease a new one.
Wondering if folks are willing to post the deals they got in Bay area market in last 2 weeks.
Thanks,

I just saw an email today from Nissan Sunnyvale advertising:
2016 Leaf S w/ Quick Charge package $99/month lease 36 mths, 12K miles, $2995 down.

I wonder if this deal can be even better because I have seen NMAC cash back floating around, or Nissan manufacturer kickbacks.

vsri100 said:
My leaf lease is expiring soon so I'm in market to lease a new one.
Wondering if folks are willing to post the deals they got in Bay area market in last 2 weeks.
Thanks,

Hi everyone,
negotiated a lease for a 2016 Leaf SV (without premium package, but with extra cost pearl white color).

In the state of Connecticut, - including $3,000 EV incentive from the state - it ended up being 3 years, 15k/yr, $2,000 due at signing, and 35 times $160 a month. So total cost over the three years: $7,600. Residual is: $10,670. Maybe it would have been possible to get a better deal, but I went in saying I want $2,000 down and $160, and got them down regarding the monthly payment from $229 to $205, to $169, to $164.50, to $160 a month. So I hope it was a good deal. Me personally, I think it is amazing, that in the end effect (when buying the vehicle at lease end), a Leaf is cheaper than a Corolla LE... :cool:

Thank you for your response.

I am not sure it is a good price but I hope so.

When it comes to "in effect a 'Super S' with 30kwh pack, multiple timers, and heat pump", to me it does not seem like the SV without premium package is just a 'Super S". I know you like the premium package, and of course that is understandable. To me, somebody who does not listen to music, I do not need a BOSE stereo, actually I like the extra space in the trunk without the BOSE brick better. And to spend about $1,570 extra just for 3 cameras, two in the front, and two under the mirrors, that is not worth it to me. The backup camera is all I really need, the other 3 would be nice, but I do not need them.

Still, I feel like there are so many differences - in addition to those 3 - between an S and an SV, that I would not want an S:
1) 30kWh vs. 24kWh
2) Heat pump vs. no heat pump
3) Multiple timers?
Continuing with...
4) Quick charger vs. no quick charger
5) 6.6 kW charger vs 3.3 kW charger
6) battery warranty: 8 years or 100,000 miles against excessive capacity loss vs. 5 years or 60,000 miles
7) Leather-wrapped and Heated steering-wheel vs. normal steering-wheel
8) 17-inch aluminum-alloy, split 5-spoke vs. 16-inch steel with full wheel covers
9) Bio Suede PET Material seats vs. Cloth seat fabric (and I do think the SV seats are much, much nicer and seem less stain-prone)
10) Passenger seat pockets vs. no seat pockets
11) NissanConnect with Navigation – with Voice Destination Entry (VDE) vs. no navigation
12) NissanConnect EV – allows remote connection to vehicle, including monitoring battery state of charge/charging status, start charging event and turn on HVAC system (no-charge subscription required) vs. no remote functions
13) Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror vs. regular rearview mirror

I was considering waiting for an S with 30kWh, as the rumors say that they should come soon, still I do not want to imagine missing out on those really practical, big ticket items (heat pump, navigation system, remote functions), also with the basic seats and the dash without the big navigation screen the car does look somewhat cheap to me. That is why for me it seems like a very big difference between S and SV.

Just picked up a 2016 Nissan Leaf S pearl white and upgrade charge package in PA. Registered for NJ

msrp $32,558
-$4405 dealer incentive
-$4000 nmac finance
-$2000 customer cash
$15200

financed 0% for 72 months.

yeungfamilyleaf said:
Just picked up a 2016 Nissan Leaf S pearl white and upgrade charge package in PA. Registered for NJ

msrp $32,558
-$4405 dealer incentive
-$4000 nmac finance
-$2000 customer cash
$15200

financed 0% for 72 months.
Yikes, somebody is really trying to get rid of cars! That is a steal. No wonder used prices are crashing. With those prices, why buy used or even lease?

I was getting quotes from one Bay Area dealership and they said that they would need 1300 for driveoff because that was the minimum allowed for the California $2500. Anyone know WTF they are talking about? My last Leaf lease was a 1st month payment only and away I went.

Reddy said:
Yikes, somebody is really trying to get rid of cars! That is a steal. No wonder used prices are crashing. With those prices, why buy used or even lease?

Exactly. That was what I was thinking when I bought mine.

sphinx said:
I was getting quotes from one Bay Area dealership and they said that they would need 1300 for driveoff because that was the minimum allowed for the California $2500. Anyone know WTF they are talking about?

Bovine Fecal Matter, obviously.

I was just at a dealer who quoted me a 2016 SV price, financed, after a 6k Nissan incentive and 2.5k dealer price cut, of $27500, out the door, before federal tax incentive. There are no state tax breaks here.

That was their FIRST quote. I had made it clear that I was NOT buying today, that I would have to think and discuss with my wife. I did not try any further, but told the salesperson that their initial offer was not bad, at under 20K after federal incentive. I noted that "there's probably a little more room, right?" to which she said yes.....

I am thinking I can get another 1-2 thousand off the dealer price.

So a new 2016 SV for about $18500. Plus sales tax, but most of us don't add that in when describing deals......

I cannot see buying a 2013 (even one made after 4/2013 with the presumed better battery) for anything over 10k. And 2013s are priced far are priced over that here in KC area, where we have lots of charging stations.

I also cannot see leasing for 12,000 or so over 3 years. I get to keep the car at the end of three years for about 7k cost difference..... Then again, my 4 year old 2012 is worth about that or less.....

Comments?

I also cannot see leasing for 12,000 or so over 3 years. I get to keep the car at the end of three years for about 7k cost difference..... Then again, my 4 year old 2012 is worth about that or less.....

Get a fresh lease quote as well, and see if the residual added to the total lease cost is a lot more than the buy price. If not, you get a chance to get out if you want later, and to keep the car if you still love it. There is also the possibility that Nissan may offer a lease buyout incentive on it, in the future.

Borrowing yeungs's template. Bought new 2016 Nissan Leaf SV w/ premium package, mats, etc in NJ.

MSRP $37,120
-$6299 dealer incentive
-$4000 nmac finance
-$2000 customer cash
$18,074.50 net

Financed 0% for 72 months. Good '13/'14 SV's at dealers seem to be in the 10-13k range around here, which seems awfully high compared to new - along with the bigger battery, longer capacity warranty, etc.

My 2013 lease is up at the end of November. Last month Nissan sent me a letter for "4500 discount on buyback: - that would put my 3-year old SV at almost exactly 10K (buyback amount will be13900 as of Dec-1, so today it will be around 14.5K; subtract the 4500 Nissan offered). I have been considering that.

But now I see a "new 2016 SV" going for 18K from a recent poster. 18K new vs 10K for by 2013 - hmmmm, the new one sounds better because of the increased range.

Well, maybe I will get lucky and Nissan's September lease buyback discount will be at 6K discount - I guess I will have to call them and find out (or if somebody knows already, please post - I have heard nightmares of very long hold times when trying to call...).

Back