Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greggbhill said:
just leased an SV in CA (Sacramento Area): 36 months for $1999 down, $199/month -- after taxes the payment is $220/month.

now that would be a great deal because you would get the $2500 state rebate correct? that would make payments less than what you save on gas

DaveinOlyWA said:
greggbhill said:
just leased an SV in CA (Sacramento Area): 36 months for $1999 down, $199/month -- after taxes the payment is $220/month.

now that would be a great deal because you would get the $2500 state rebate correct? that would make payments less than what you save on gas

Yes, he does. The $1999 down is covered, plus $501 to buy "gas".

DaveinOlyWA said:
cwerdna said:
^^^
SR? Don't you mean SV?

Since you're in Portland, wow... you're missing out (IMHO) since you didn't go for the SL. Unlike CA, WA and OR have an excellent network of CHAdeMO chargers.

excellent is a stretch but at least it exists! (which is more than i can say for a lot of places) but its also still growing. 3 new blink locations announced for WA. a brand new AV station just opened this week for anyone headed to the OR beach areas so ya, its good but still could be MUCH better!
LOL! Uhh... it's excellent compared to what exists if trying to go up and down the length of CA.

But wow, greggbhill's lease deal sounds excellent. Hmmm.... I wonder what '12 SV and SL deals will look like once the '13 features and prices are announced.

I have a feeling the deals will get even better once the 2013's are announced. Checking cars.com this morning shows 1764 LEAFs in the US. So that is at least 2-3 months worth of stock given the current trend in sales.

The deals for a LEAF are getting harder to find in San Diego, but here's what the Mossy Nissan has (they have sold about 10% of every LEAF in the USA):

8118 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard San Diego, CA 92111
(858) 571-6994

For the full featured "SL" model (they don't have any SV models left):

$3000 down payment
$289 per month, plus sales tax (about $25)
39 months (I recommend negotiating that down to 36 months, to stay in the warranty)
12,000 miles per year

Plus $2500 REBATE FROM CALIFORNIA to you

For the "SV" model in Sacramento, California:
916-486-8743

$2400 down payment
$199 per month, plus sales tax (about $15)
39 months (I recommend negotiating that down to 36 months, to stay in the warranty)
12,000 miles per year

Plus $2500 REBATE FROM CALIFORNIA to you

Just say in CO. No down, $230 mo, $1800 cash back. That's like $150 a month. 24 mo lease. Killer deal.

I see some people getting some pretty good deals but I haven't been able to reproduce them.

I've been getting quotes for around $340 a month with no down payment on a 2012 SL (36 months / 15K a year) in the Los Angeles area. I have been looking at Chevy Volt leases at well and it seems like they are really competitive as well. It is actually a bit cheaper on a higher MSRP car. Maybe Nissan will discount the SL more heavily in the following months.

I agree. The inventory has dried up rapidly in the last 2 months (the gas prices and volt promotion effect). dealerships in bay area tell me they are expecting more LEAF's in the next 7-10 days and are happy take deposits for it, but are not even ready to budge from the standard deals/price. Here is sample of what i got quoted this weekend for 36m / 12K miles SL 2012.

199 + tax p.m => 2999 down (4627 drive off)
250 + tax p.m => 2500 drive off
350 + tax p.m => 0 out of pocket

For 24 months they had = 139+ tax (4350 drive off)

His reasons were all based on supply/demand and out of stock situation. According to them, people are desperate and are ready to buy at advertised prices/deals.

I would rather wait for the year end promotions to start kicking in from chevy followed by nissan.

ekbaazigar said:
I agree. The inventory has dried up rapidly in the last 2 months (the gas prices and volt promotion effect). dealerships in bay area tell me they are expecting more LEAF's in the next 7-10 days and are happy take deposits for it, but are not even ready to budge from the standard deals/price. Here is sample of what i got quoted this weekend for 36m / 12K miles SL 2012.

I haven't seen a better deal than Sheehy Nissan in Virginia.

I just leased a 2012 SL for $199.99 a month including tax.

$1500 due at signing. 12,000 miles a year.

thedak said:
ekbaazigar said:

I haven't seen a better deal than Sheehy Nissan in Virginia.

I just leased a 2012 SL for $199.99 a month including tax.

$1500 due at signing. 12,000 miles a year.
NICE ! But ... to eliminate any confusion ... "due at signing" ... is that the same as "drive off" ? ("Drive off" to me is how much comes out of my pocket at delivery; but "down" seems to be just cap-cost-reduction, excluding other stuff you have to pay for before you can leave with the LEAF.)

eHelmholtz said:
thait84 said:
I see some people getting some pretty good deals but I haven't been able to reproduce them.
Have you talked to the folks at Fontana? They have the best prices - much better than all others. http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=932

I contacted them with a few others, and that was what I came up with. I don't know how to replicate those other deals that people seem to get with a 3 year lease costing them around 8-9k after monthly payments and initial payment..

I think that I got a pretty good deal on my new Leaf.

2012 Leaf SL - Glacier Pearl
24 Month Lease
12K Miles/Year

$180/Month (23 payments)
$0/Down

Sales tax exemption in WA state

I should be able to make the lease payment with the gas savings alone.

philipscoggins said:
WOW!

That's incredible! TN Dealers aren't coming close to that!

Wonder how much it costs to ship a car to TN...

Philip

I think it has to do with the lease cash that NMAC is offering which is based on the customer's ZIP code (where the car will be parked overnight). Certain areas of the country are being incentivized with larger lease rebates hence the better deal. So buying in WA (or similar incentivized states) and shipping to TN won’t do much for you in terms of a deal.

I'm in the market for a 2012 Leaf SL and I was quoted the following:

$227.35 + tax (8.75% - So Cal) with $1,599.05 down
36 months/15K miles yr

I don't have all the specifics but I was just wondering if this sounded like a good deal. I'll know more info about the adjusted cap and residual tomorrow.

Hey Rick, what dealership was this?

Was this price $4140 (23 months * $180/month) completely inclusive? No other acquisition or disposition fees, trade ins, etc? Seems spectacular.

Thanks!
Chris

rickgriffith said:
I think that I got a pretty good deal on my new Leaf.

2012 Leaf SL - Glacier Pearl
24 Month Lease
12K Miles/Year

$180/Month (23 payments)
$0/Down

Sales tax exemption in WA state

I should be able to make the lease payment with the gas savings alone.

Back