Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Valdemar said:
dd123 said:
Looking to buy in southern california/san diego. Any contacts with dealership who can give good price ?

How far are you willing to drive? I spent some time today calling dealers, most just just give you $5-6k off MSRP and don't budge. The best I found was Costa Mesa Nissan, they have 2 white SVs discounted $8-9k which what I was looking at, I spoke to them and there may be some additional room for negotiation.

Thanks,
I don't mind driving in SoCal.
Fontana Nissan quoted me this for S + QC::
MSRP $32,300.00
Internet Sales Price $27,844.00
NMAC Cash - $5,000
--------------------------------------------------
Net Price $22,844.00

So after $7500 + $2500, it would be : $12,844+ Taxes==> $16K. Still too expensive for me .

Let me know your numbers if you have any which is better than this,

I don't think there are much better deals than that, 10k off MSRP is probably the lowest you can find, there may be better deals towards the end of the month. Lots of S models in stock.

Looks like the discounts are gone. Can someone confirm ?
The new leaf-2016 is not yet announced but should be out soon.
Does it make sense to wait for the new-leaf and see how does it effect the leaf-15 pricings ?

thanks

dd123 said:
Looks like the discounts are gone. Can someone confirm ?
The new leaf-2016 is not yet announced but should be out soon.
Does it make sense to wait for the new-leaf and see how does it effect the leaf-15 pricings ?

thanks

I am seeing s/QC for 21.5K + tax on dealer websites in AZ. I am waiting for 2016 to see how it affects the 2015 pricing. If anything the prices will drop but then you need to find them in inventory before they disappear.

Can you post which dealer is giving s+qc for $21.5K ? Any URL ?
The best I got in San Diego is $23K.

dd123 said:
Can you post which dealer is giving s+qc for $21.5K ? Any URL ?
The best I got in San Diego is $23K.

Here's a S/QC for $21,577 (with the 5k off for financing offer). But I'm pretty sure any other dealer in AZ (Phoenix area) will match this price. Leafs just aren't moving off their lots.

https://www.pinnaclenissan.com/new/Nissan/2015-Nissan-LEAF-2550e9e80a0a00de22b9fbcdf872fdc5.htm

Usually labor day is a great time to buy or lease a car, but this year, with it coming so long after the first of the month, I'm not sure. If there are no LD specials, wait for the 29th or 30th and try to bargain with a desperate salesperson.

Here in New England, or 3 yr lease on 2012 SL just ended. We were paying $370/mo. Buyout was $17,000 but NMAC was offering $5k "discount" = $12k for the car, with 20k miles.

Instead, we bought a 2013 S with 15k miles from the dealer for $12k with 0% financing for 5 yrs.

FYI

I'm looking at leasing a 2015 here in Albuquerque, NM. I have a True Car quote for $32,775 on an SV with QC/Led, floor mats and rear hatch cover. There is available the $5000 customer bonus cash and 'Leasing Bonus Cash' at $11,200. That lowers the cost to just under $17K I've never leased a car before so I'm trying to cram for my meeting with the sales person. It seems the question is what Nissan Finance thinks the residual value of 2015 will be after 3 years. Anyone have a guess? Any advice on the lease process through Nissan Financial would be appreciated.
Ed K

Coronado54 said:
I'm looking at leasing a 2015 here in Albuquerque, NM. I have a True Car quote for $32,775 on an SV with QC/Led, floor mats and rear hatch cover. There is available the $5000 customer bonus cash and 'Leasing Bonus Cash' at $11,200. That lowers the cost to just under $17K I've never leased a car before so I'm trying to cram for my meeting with the sales person. It seems the question is what Nissan Finance thinks the residual value of 2015 will be after 3 years. Anyone have a guess? Any advice on the lease process through Nissan Financial would be appreciated.
Ed K

Have you e-mailed the internet managers at your local dealers? They should have the most up to date information. You deal with the dealer prior to driving off. After you sign on the dotted line, then you are an NMAC customer. Leases are different than buying. You can't claim both incentives to buy and lease together.

Coronado54 said:
Ed K

I just turned in my 2013 SL, and am already missing it. So I've been lease shopping as well, and the discounts on the lease price are unbelievable. The problem is the residuals are the worst I have ever seen on a lease, anywhere. I was quoted 29%. Ugh. The price discounts do very little good if they don't support it with a decent residual percentage. It is funny actually, the current net cap cost for the 2015 Leaf (17.5k) is actually less than what my residual figure was on my 2013 lease turn-in(18.5k). They did offer 6k off that but 12.5k for a 2013 Leaf still wasn't low enough.

I have turned to purchase quotes. The lowest that I have received is 10k off. This excludes the 7.5k federal tax credit as well as the state of Colorado benefit. I cannot believe it but am considering buying a 2015. The net price is approaching 10k plus taxes. This seems WAY better than the lease deals.

Have anyone seen or done better than 10k off MSRP an S or SV?

I went through the same calculation and decided it made no sense right now to lease given the low residual. One dealer wanted me to sign up for a 48-month (!) lease because the residual was 28%. I wonder how many people lease beyond the original warranty!

I could "only" get 5K off MSRP plus the 5K NMAC discount while buying a SV with quick charge (not including all the tax incentives, of course). Perhaps it would've gone lower on the 30th, but my work schedule didn't work out for dealing during these days. I think it's a very good price, regardless, for a brand new EV.

Purchases should be a better deal than a lease, however in markets like mine the dealers do not care if they sell a leaf or not. Many dealers around here do not carry the leaf and the ones that do think they should get MSRP less the $5,000 NMAC. In this area a lease is a better deal with the $10.5k+ NMAC. It also helps that Nissan advertises the leaf S for $2398 down $199 a month and sets the residual. It's hard for the dealers to play with the numbers too much (at least on a stripped down model). It's amazing how much they try to add on to the down payment / monthly when you add options.

KBB thinks the $10k off deal with NMAC 0% financing is still out there, in some markets anyways (the lease offer is for S-trim only) .

leaf_incentives.png

Just bought a 2015 S with charging package. with $5000 financing rebate, $4600 dealer discount, and 0.0% financing. After the federal tax credit and including the increased cost of sales tax, my final cost will be 17,500. Berlin City Nissan in Portland Maine and Lee Nissan in Topsham Maine both offered the same deal.

I bought instead of leasing due to living far from a dealer. Should have leased. In CO, one can buy a new 2015 S for less than the remainder on the loan for my 2013. A friend is in the process of buying one for $11k with 0%.

It is impossible to buy a new 2015 for $11k... Someone has added too many discounts to his deal. Also, I cannot imagine that any dealer discount $5000 off list on the price of the car, before the incentives and tax refunds. Before buying, I investigated and communicated with dealers in 4 states for the best price. The best I got was about $2k below sticker.

Back